Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fellow Gardeners, I need help... (pics)

edited June 2012 in Off Topic

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

Comments

• fish8503fish8503 Posts: 30
    dont know what that is. never seen them eat the stalks. you put any seven dust on them?
  • Yep, and it didn't work. The nursery sold me Captain Jack Organic pesticide. Seemed to work, but I can't harvest anything in the garden for several days.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    edited June 2012
    Looks more like a fungus or other plant disease than a bug.

The county agent and feed store are your friends.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• billybonbillybon Posts: 209
    Looks like wet rot fungus.
  • fish8503fish8503 Posts: 30
    yeh i was kind of thinking it did not look like bugs
  •  

It may be a fungus, but some flies with red eyes are going to town on it.  You can see one of them in the second picture on the side of the stalk.  They seem to be boring into the joints of the soft plant tissue.  Never seen this before. 

Med & XL

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,633

It may be a fungus, but some flies with red eyes are going to town on it.  You can see one of them in the second picture on the side of the stalk.  They seem to be boring into the joints of the soft plant tissue.  Never seen this before. 

that could be a squash vine borer
  • No Seven Dust!  It's kills the pollenators as well, then who will make the plant bear fruit?