Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Papa Murphys

TUTTLE871
TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

So for 10 Bucks I got two larges and a little work of my own to them and added Mushrooms and Artichokes. All in all came out to 15 bucks total. I had my neighbor bring over the beer (Full Sail and Bud Light).

I think I got the better end of the deal on price wise.

This Unemployment thing is making me work for the better things in life.

And No I didnt cook them on my WOO.

Also at the end let the egg run its cycle and clean her out.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

pm.JPG 331.4K
pm1.JPG 297.3K

Comments

• Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    I really have to get to Papa Murphys again.    Looks great
    Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • TUTTLE871
    I really have to get to Papa Murphys again.    Looks great
    To be honest its pretty damn good on the egg, and the mess and how fast it you can make them is worth it.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• tcufrog
    tcufrog Posts: 5
    what temp and how long did you cook them at?  don't lie to me just b/c of my user name!
    Large BGE
  • TUTTLE871
    what temp and how long did you cook them at?  don't lie to me just b/c of my user name!

I had to Laugh over that one. No hard feelings, But I did run out on your field last year! Being the 40 Year old creepy guy and i did drag my wife and did party with the youngsters but it was worth it.

I Did 500 at about 15 MIN. I opened it up a few times and rotated as not to burn the edges. But Ive done 450 also with them and a little bit longer.

I tried something different this time and put bricks under the stone and rose it up higher in the dome. I didnt care for that one and will just put the stone on the grate one the place setter.

PONY UP!

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    When I make pizza, I get the dough from PM and use my own sauce and toppings. A lg dough cost $3.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I had not heard of Papa Murphy's.  Cool concept.  There are two in the Houston area but both are about 25 miles from me.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830

we like the PM thin crust ZA........recently started adding a little more mozzarella to the toppings, the 5lb mozzarella bags from sams come in handy for ZA, burgers, salads and such......... 

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • TUTTLE871
    When I make pizza, I get the dough from PM and use my own sauce and toppings. A lg dough cost $3.
    I was wondering that if I could just get the dough. And now you have answered me, and they dont freeze there dough either. Thats awesome because I can add my sauce now

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• TUTTLE871
    I had not heard of Papa Murphy's.  Cool concept.  There are two in the Houston area but both are about 25 miles from me.

25 Miles! Its not worth it.

You can get Pizza Patron for free if you order it in Spanish. Oh that was yesterday.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I really like Papa Murphy's chicken, bacon, artichoke heart, spinach, and white sauce pizza - they normally do it on thin crust, but I am a regular crust guy.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Papa Murphy's is good if you haven't prepared ahead of time to make your own. Sure does beat the pants of Pizza Slut and Dominoes. Cheap, too. I've picked up their dough before on the way home, can't member what it runs though.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• I have one 500 yards from my front door. I'll give it a rip (the dough, we make our own sauce and I love it). We make our own dough too but it has to set up for 2 days. Sometimes, you just want pizza!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • My wife goes to PM with her own parchment paper and they make the pizza on the paper on top of their cardboard tray.  This way you can slide the pizza right on the stone without having to deal with the cardboard. Their dough is very sticky.
  • My wife goes to PM with her own parchment paper and they make the pizza on the paper on top of their cardboard tray.  This way you can slide the pizza right on the stone without having to deal with the cardboard. Their dough is very sticky.
    Good advice. Thanks

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • TUTTLE871
    My wife goes to PM with her own parchment paper and they make the pizza on the paper on top of their cardboard tray.  This way you can slide the pizza right on the stone without having to deal with the cardboard. Their dough is very sticky.
    That Is a great idea.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    My wife goes to PM with her own parchment paper and they make the pizza on the paper on top of their cardboard tray.  This way you can slide the pizza right on the stone without having to deal with the cardboard. Their dough is very sticky.
    Yep. The dumb girl with the 4in deck screw in her lip better not give me a problem over it. GREAT IDEA
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I usually get them early and put it in the freezer for a little while. Then pull it off the paper tray and right on the grill still frozen. Works great.
    XL BGE, Medium BGE, 36" Blackstone, UDS, Red Weber Kettle & LSG Large IVS
    Keller, TX
  • TUTTLE871
    Yep. The dumb girl with the 4in deck screw in her lip better not give me a problem over it. GREAT IDEA
    Thats Funny.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• noid1037
    noid1037 Posts: 33

Quick question about the pizza picture at the top... I did a search for grill grate extenders and didnt the exact type shown in the picture... where did you find them, what are they called and do they really work good/great?  Thanks for the info.  Thinking of getting a pizza tonight from PM and do a test on one....

Can you do two pizzas at the same time?  How tough is it to get to the bottom one without screwing with the top one too much?

BGE Large... Go get 'em! "Cant means you haven't tried."

Tulsa, OK

• TUTTLE871

Quick question about the pizza picture at the top... I did a search for grill grate extenders and didnt the exact type shown in the picture... where did you find them, what are they called and do they really work good/great?  Thanks for the info.  Thinking of getting a pizza tonight from PM and do a test on one....

Can you do two pizzas at the same time?  How tough is it to get to the bottom one without screwing with the top one too much?

http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/large-adjustable-rig-r-b-oval-combo/

I think it would be hard to do two at the same time, you might be able to get a smaller one on there.

I imagine someone on here has done two pizzas befor.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Canary
    Canary Posts: 37
    Trader Joe's dough for what amounts to a large is $1.25/bag. Good stuff, workable. Roll out once, wait 10 minutes, roll out larger. No springiness.
    If Canary can do it you can too!
  • brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    Why can't you just cook them on their card board? Why would parchment paper be any different?
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    I cooked this using the directions from Papa Murphy's on the plate that comes with it and it turned out fantabulous.
  • tcufrog
    tcufrog Posts: 5

I had to Laugh over that one. No hard feelings, But I did run out on your field last year! Being the 40 Year old creepy guy and i did drag my wife and did party with the youngsters but it was worth it.

I Did 500 at about 15 MIN. I opened it up a few times and rotated as not to burn the edges. But Ive done 450 also with them and a little bit longer.

I tried something different this time and put bricks under the stone and rose it up higher in the dome. I didnt care for that one and will just put the stone on the grate one the place setter.

PONY UP!

Luckily I had to miss last years game b/c I was in St. Louis for a wedding and I'm going to be in Chicago for the Ryder Cup for this years game or I would probably have to return the favor!  

Thanks for the info.  I'm new to the BGE and haven't cooked a pizza yet but I'm really looking forward to trying it.  What size stone do you use?  I keep reading various opinions on the sizes.  I'm probably just going to go with the BGE stone for the large egg.  I believe that is 14inches...does a PM large fit on that?

Large BGE
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Trader Joes dough is cheap and good as well!
    Lynnwood WA
  • TUTTLE871

The BGE Stone is the best and can withstand the high heat. I wish I had an extra set of feet for my pizzas. I like to put the plate setter legs down and then put the stone on the feet.

I tried something new where I raised the stone with high heat bricks but didnt get the same results (It Could be in my mind) but I didnt get the crust evenly cooked.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852

I tried something new where I raised the stone with high heat bricks but didnt get the same results (It Could be in my mind) but I didnt get the crust evenly cooked.

Probably not in your mind, I'd bet the bricks absorbed the heat from that area on the stone. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    I have not done a PM pizza since CA and I didn't know you could buy the dough.  May stop by there tonight
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • TUTTLE871

Probably not in your mind, I'd bet the bricks absorbed the heat from that area on the stone. 
    Thats good to know. I though I was not losing my mind yet.

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    We actually had PM last night, but since it was pouring rain, coming down at an angle so my covered patio was soaking and thunder and lightning....it went in that square box in the kitchen. :((

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings