Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Daytona Beach Dealers on the board

XLBalco
XLBalco Posts: 607
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
any local dealers to that area on the board?  have a friend that is interested in purchasing one.. lmk!

Comments

• XLBalco
    nothing here?  was trying to hook someone up!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited June 2012
    Drive a little further south to Melbourne.  Wassi's Meats has the best price you will find in the whole country.

Tell them I sent you.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    In Orlando the grill station was a cool store and when I went there around thanksgiving the mini was $289 and it wasn't an old model. That is cheaper than demo minis by about $50. They had the biggest selection of BBQ grills.and.accessories I have found for just a BBQ store.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    In Orlando the grill station was a cool store and when I went there around thanksgiving the mini was $289 and it wasn't an old model. That is cheaper than demo minis by about $50. They had the biggest selection of BBQ grills.and.accessories I have found for just a BBQ store.
    If you are talking Waterford Lakes, they went belly up.

A few months ago a an XL at Wassi was $1,050, with nest and wings, and $50 dollar credit for meat.  A large was $850.  I don't know the current prices.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• XLBalco
    thanks Doc... I will point him in that direction
  • XLBalco
    this might be too far south... he is about an hour north of cocoa beach- my mistake
  • Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    For those prices it's definitely worth a call.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • BigSteve
    BigSteve Posts: 52
    I called around after visiting my local dealer in Pensacola,FL.  No other dealer in a 200 mile radius even came close.  East to Tallahassee, west to New Orleans,LA, and north to Montgomery,AL.  I will never shop anywhere else.  I do suggest calling all of the dealers in Daytona area.  It does suck that no one can list prices on the internet.
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390

I just called Wassi's meats in Melbourne, FL, and they do have the best pricing i have seen.  They are about 120 miles north of me, but well worth the trip.  I may venture up there this weekend and look around!  If I leave the wife at home, and can get whatever i want, and beg for forgiveness when i get home!  ( i find it's the best way in my relationship....don't ask for permission, but beg for forgiveness)

Chrispy

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• ccpoulin1
    Alright, I made the trip today, and met some of the nicest people you could ever meet, and the prices are great.  I purchased a XL egg, plate setter, nest and a bunch of spices like tsunami spin and raising the steaks and dizzy dust.  If you are within driving distance of Melbourne, don't bother looking around, just go there.  Their hospitality alone was worth the trip, and the meat selection there was superb.  I will be travelling 135 miles one way periodicaly to stock up on supplies and meat.  Thanks to all of them... now fathers day i will get to fire up the XL.  Maybe i will do some wings.  Their deals make it worth the trip for me.   EGG-ON!

• Doc_Eggerton
    You did not mention the name!  I assume you are talking about Wassi.  Hope you mentioned my name.

• ccpoulin1
    it was wassi's!!!!!  great people.  I did not remember to mention your name, but i will call them for sure so you get credit!  thanks for the referral!

• Doc_Eggerton
    edited June 2012
    Just next time you talk to them.  They are great people, and you will be buying your next Egg there.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

I just called Wassi's meats in Melbourne, FL, and they do have the best pricing i have seen.  They are about 120 miles north of me, but well worth the trip.  I may venture up there this weekend and look around!  If I leave the wife at home, and can get whatever i want, and beg for forgiveness when i get home!  ( i find it's the best way in my relationship....don't ask for permission, but beg for forgiveness)

Chrispy

</blockquote

Guessing you are around Jupiter if Melbourne is 120 miles north. Paradise home and spa had the large with nest, mates, bag of charcoal, ash tool, and grate tool for $869 when my parents bought their large last thanksgiving. They also have alot of accessories and they are in Stuart so much closer for you.