Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak rub/sauce

braddil
braddil Posts: 4
edited June 2012 in Beef
Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, but:  I was in Las Vegas last weekend and had the BEST steak I have ever had before.  I had a dry aged rib eye steak from Joe's Prime Steak and Seafood Restaurant.  The steak was perfectly seared and cooked and it had an incredible flavor!  One of the best parts of the meal though was a steak rub that they served with the steak, rather than a steak sauce.  It was so good I've been trying to find a copy cat recipe on the internet ever since I got back.  My question for you guys is:  Do any of you have a good "dry" steak sauce/rub that you use?  I have never used anything but regular A-1 or something like that.  This was some sort of sea salt base or something.  Anyway, any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.  Thanks a lot!  Again, I hope its ok to post this kind of question on this forum.  Thanks!

Comments