Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buying a ceramic cooker

BGEMadison
BGEMadison Posts: 1
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
OK, my relatives have Large BGE's, my friends have Large BGE's.  But they bought them a long time ago.  In blogs that I have read, I see folks how have bought a Large BGE in the $700 range.  Does anyone out there know if a North Alabama dealer that sells a large BGE for $700 price range?

Now, I have saved up a little over $700.  But here in Madison Alabama, the local BGE dealer wants over $1,000 for the basic large BGE.  My existing charcoal grill is falling apart so I am going to need to buy something soon.  If not a BGE then a non-BGE.  Any store ideas would be greatly appreciated!  :-)

Thanks...

Comments

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    M.S.R.P. is $799 for that size on the Bubba Tim Green book.
    Here is a link about Eggfests in your area usually they have discounted eggs for sale at them.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/421142/any-eggfest-near-north-alabama
    There is always Craigslist many are happy buying that way. You are so close to the actual price it would be better to buy new and have a lifetime warranty in my opinion. Also, cash when you walk in can sometimes adjusts price. The thousand quote sounds like with a nest and tax or some add on not just a egg.
    Hopefully this helps.
  • M.S.R.P. is $799 for that size on the Bubba Tim Green book.
    Here is a link about Eggfests in your area usually they have discounted eggs for sale at them.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/421142/any-eggfest-near-north-alabama
    There is always Craigslist many are happy buying that way. You are so close to the actual price it would be better to buy new and have a lifetime warranty in my opinion. Also, cash when you walk in can sometimes adjusts price. The thousand quote sounds like with a nest and tax or some add on not just a egg.
    Hopefully this helps.
    Here it's $799 as well and around $1000 with Platesetter, Nest, ash tool and they usually throw in a bag of charcoal.

Make sure it's not for the kit, that's a pretty standard deal going by the discussions on here

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • MikeP624
    MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I paid $1300 - got the larger egg, plate setter, ash tool, the wood table that BGE sells, some wood chunks, lump and fire starters.  If i would have went with the nest and side attachments, instead of the table, it would have been around $1100 i think.
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669

Large BGE, plate setter, pizza stone, nest, ash tool and a bag of BGE lump delivered was right around $1146.

I purchased it about a month ago.

Edina, MN

• Large BGE, plate setter, pizza stone, nest, ash tool and a bag of BGE lump delivered was right around $1146.

I purchased it about a month ago.

That is right on the money with what we have down here. Priced one out for my FIL last week and it was right in there

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    Show up with cash in hand at a dealer and see what you can get for $700.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    I paid 660$ for my new large big green egg in Tuscaloosa alabama the weekend before Easter. Shop around and barter them down!

XLBGE 
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
     Hey man! Im in Athens. Im not sure if you will find one for 700 new, but I do know Story and Lee in Leoma Tn. will beat everyones prices in N. Alabama and they will deliver it to your door ready to go. Trust me. I have priced them everywhere and have sent many people there to buy. He will beat everyone else by 150 to 200 bucks. Worth the call. I think his name is Chip. Im guessing 900 new.
  • eggin72
    eggin72 Posts: 3
    Agree with rolling egg bought my large there about two years ago egg, nest, ash tool, plate setter, bag of charcoal, and grid lifter for $750 delivered
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Louisville dealer sells large egg, table, ash tool, plate setter, bag of BGE lump, starter cubes delivered and set up for $1,000. Got same deal in Jamestown, Ky. Take mrcookingnurses advice. Either go to Tuscaloosa or do some serious bartering.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Louisville dealer sells large egg, table, ash tool, plate setter, bag of BGE lump, starter cubes delivered and set up for $1,000. Got same deal in Jamestown, Ky. Take mrcookingnurses advice. Either go to Tuscaloosa or do some serious bartering.
    A large table is usually $400-500, so that is a hell of a deal.
  • Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474

Agree wish someone offered that deal near me.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785

Agree wish someone offered that deal near me.
    My large cypress table custom made off of Craigslist was $300 delivered. Couldn't be happier.
  • cann
    cann Posts: 7
    My BGE was delivered here in the The Villages Fl by T & D patio for $ 900.   That was with nest on wheels, ash scraper, charcoal.  My wonderful son-in-law and daughter who have on bought it for me for xmas.  Love and worth every penny (of theirs)!  Tonight had neighbors over for burgers which were great. 
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    I bought mine in Jefferson City, Missouri for $799 with platesetter, ash tool, grate gripper, 1 bag of BGE charcaol, 1 package of lighter blocks, and 1 BGE sweet maple seasoning rub, plus free assembly.  
  • OMG Eggs
    OMG Eggs Posts: 118
    I think it's probably worth considering alternatives these days, I mean many competing kamados are crap, but the current Kamado Joe and Grill Dome models seem worth a look.  If I were shopping today, I'd  price out a package with all three
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    How far are you from Manchester, TN?  LBGE, nest, wings, platesetter, pizza stone, gripper, bag of lump.  $1015, tax included.  Clearwater Pools.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Thanks for all the input! I now have a large BGE!  Now I will start learning to use it.  :-)
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Congrats! It's a game changer for sure B-)
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    got my Large BGE couple weeks ago egg nest side shelves and handler for 1025.00 got it discounted cause it was a demo egg also they installed a new gasket cause i wasn't happy with the one on it at no charge . best grill i ever owned puts my viking gas grill to shame time to sell that one or make it a storage cabinet for the eggs stuff lol 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.