Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

THANKS RE: Bride's too-trimmed brisket!!!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks everyone. I guess I'll use the bacon approach, since none of the attendees are concerned with Kosher/Pork issues (I probably should have mentioned that in my posting). I also might chicken out and buy a new brisket, becuse I REALLY want to do it right this time (just visited Texas for the first time, and had an inspirational brisket sandwhich at a roadside BBQ stand - so I am all psyched!).

Comments

• Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    Options
    Well Reverend, instead of spending all that money on a new brisket, just throw you some bacon on it. It'll be fine. :~)[p]If you REALLY want to spend a few dollars, then just go get a boston butt and put it on the rack above the brisket, and the fat will drip down nicely on top of the brisket.

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Rev. Logger,[p]Dont spend good money on bacon that will be pitched when the brisket is done. Put the butt above the brisket and it will do the exact same thing, only you'll have the pork to eat when you are done with the cook. Much better option in my opinion, but we all know what they say about opinions. Hope the cook goes well. Your family is in for a real treat.[p]Troy
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    sprinter,
    its always good to fill the egg up for future dinners, the pork freezes well and the lumps already burning. the last one i did is in the freezer and this weekend there will be some more. even the bone gets frozen for a future soup

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it