Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finally a pizza

RenatboostRenatboost Posts: 26
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Was wondering what all the fuss was about the egg and pizza. Well we decided to try it out and see what you all have been talking about. Made some fresh pesto from our Garden, as well as peppers and had some left over sausage from last night. Wow, crust was great and we enjoyed making this and will for sure be doing it again. Crust was awesome and we got to enjoy our new patio!

What's your favorite pizza? Do you make your own dough?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
·

Comments

• cssmd27cssmd27 Posts: 172
    Never made pizza before. Is that parchment paper? I was told to put it directly on the stone, but again I have zero experience here.
    ·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,011
    I will try my first pizza this week but from everything I've read, you pull the paper after a few minutes.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • RenatboostRenatboost Posts: 26
    It is parchment paper. Tough for me to get it to the stone without.

The only hint I would have is when you think the pizza is done on the stone, check the crust and if needed to finish the crust, cook with the lid open. Our two pizzas each had the toppings done and then just needed the crust done a while longer.

Seemed to work for us.
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    Paper is used to help easily get the pizza onto the stone.  I personally do not use the paper, just a metal cookie sheet (no sides) with corn meal and flour.  It typically slides right off
    ·