Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Parents Class reunion...

Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
...was yesterday. Somehow they wouldnt wanna cook on their own so i invited the whole crowd to my place.

I cooked about 15 different appetizers, some main dishes and dessert plus au gratin potatoes in the dutch oven.

I get the feeling they´ll be back next year !

So long,

DM
www.don-marcos-bbq.de
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,413
    What a banquet-looks fantastic.  And you are right-they will be back with a much larger crowd. 
    Louisville
    ·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    Wow, just wow!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • AdamdAdamd Posts: 160
    Well I guess it does pay off to have so many BGE's!!!! You must have been one busy chef cooking all that food! Looks amazing.
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    You truly are The Eggman! Goo Goo Ga Joob!
    ·
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 217
    Wow that is amazing.  If I'm in Germany I'll be there next year too! LOL
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Incredible, as usual, Herr Hauptmann !

Can you expand on the picture that looks like a piece of beef sitting on an onion slice?  Grilled together, any special sauce or marinade?

Thanks !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,370
    edited June 2012
    You have teased us enough:-)  Give us some details; you can't possibly have cooked all that yourself, how many helpers do you have?  Do you do frequent social events to use all that Egging capacity?  Are you a caterer? 

OK, I feel silly now, I just noticed the name brand rubs and googled you.  I understand now.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • seanwileyseanwiley Posts: 21
    So.... time for you to boast a little more. What have you got here? What was that on what looks like onion slides? and then you have something that looks like a spiral roll? And jalapenos with cheese on them? And what's the piece of meat you're holding in your hand?

I'm always looking for some great new appetizers and some of these look wonderful (well, it all looked tasty, but some are new to me so that makes them particularly wonderful :-) )
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    I can hear your parents now...you serve all this amazing food in your fantastic yard, they turn to their high school friends and say "so, what are your kids up to?".

That was probably the best day of their life. Well done.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    Truly impressive! Can't believe you had time to take pics. Thanks so much for sharing.
    ^:)^
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,572
    Bump.

I would love to know what's on the onions.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,412
    WOW and OUTSTANDING are just words and not near enough.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • EGGzilla_jrEGGzilla_jr Posts: 213
    Very Impressive!
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
    ·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,421
    HOLY Shirt !!!!!! You Da Man..

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Speechless ^:)^  I too are interested what is on those onions??
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    OK, third vote for having to know what is on the onion slices. 
    BTW, looks like it might be worth the cost plane fare to crash one of your parties. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    Isnt that lamb on the onions?

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Can't say I blame them. Amazing looking food once again.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Your professionalism leaves me feeling somewhat inadequate. Everything looked delicious. very nice replacement for toothpicks.
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 389
    I as well am ashamed.....but it gives me something to work for at the same time!  Truly an amazing selection of food.  I hope your parents and their friends know how lucky they are!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Awesome, great, beautiful are just too inadequate to describe what you cooked.   =D> 
    Is you cookbook available in the US?  I married into German Texas family not shortage of German speaking kin.  
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,161

And to think, if I had not failed 3rd, 4th, and 7th grade I would have been there.

Beautiful job.

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,085
    Herr Marco
    You are truly the Grillfeurhrer of Alle Neidersachsen.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry, i´m pretty busy at the moment, but i will post some of the recipes these days ;-)

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·
  • That is an amazing variety!  Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    ·