Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Worst Lump so far... (pics)

Options
13»

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    You found a shoe in your bag?  :))
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You found a shoe in your bag?  :))

=))

You never know with this stuff!

Good one
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I still can't get over that 48 hr. RO Burn you did (Whiz). I guess I'm going to have to darken the door of WM to find a bag just for kicks.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I figure I started out with 15 pounds, and maybe burned 60% of it?
    The Naked Whiz
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,348
    Options
    @ Cen-Tex-you can find generic RO at places other than WW if that's preferred.  If I'm not using the boutique stuff to try out, I get the generic Kroger (mid-west groc chain) brand and it does just fine-although I doubt I could get 48 hrs out of a load (LBGE). 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I figure I started out with 15 pounds, and maybe burned 60% of it?
    I'm guessing that you did not have the indirect set-up going for this run...the heat deflector does cause higher lump consumption, at least in my unscientific world.  Regardless-that's quite the duration and with a good amount left.  Did you use a High-Que grate or the OEM one as air flow could be an issue over time.  That said, If you only burned around 9-10#'s it may not have presented as a factor.  BTW-I send every newbie I find to your site-best primer and more out there.  Thanks for the efforts.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I doubt that grates and plate setters would have made any difference.  I was using a PartyQ to control airflow and it should all be a matter of how much heat is required to keep the Egg at any particular temperature for that length of time. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • lousubcap
    Options
    You are right-air-flow leading to fuel consumption are the pieces of the puzzle once you are stable-should have thought about that earlier. 
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Of course, i could be wrong, LMAO!!

The Naked Whiz
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Of course, i could be wrong, LMAO!!

That's what I always say....I'm right until I'm not (which is often) :)