Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tomahawk (Flintstone) Ribeyes

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Bone In 'Free Range" rib eyes; a.k.a. Tomahawk or Flintstone steaks tonight from our favorite rancher Missouri Legacy Beef. These were thinner than we usually order but they were Divine. Used our homemade Jailbreak rub.

Jailbreak Rub Ingredients – You determine the size of the batch you want to create, however if you use a portion of 3 as approximately equal to 3 Tsp. you will produce 2.8 ounces (or a couple of small spice bottles) full of rub.

3 portions - Granulated Roasted Garlic (20 g or .9 Oz.)
1 portion - Coriander powder (2 g or .1 Oz)
2 portions – Himalayan Pink Salt (16 g or .6 Oz)
2 portions – 4 Color Peppercorns (9 g. or .3 Oz.)
2.5 portions - Red Pepper Flakes (8-9 g. or .3 Oz)
2.25 portions - Dill Seed (6 g. or .2 Oz.)
2.25 portions - Yellow Mustard seed (9 g. or .4 Oz)

The key is to find the correct coarseness while adequately mixing the spices. The use of the Emile Henry Mortar and Pestle improved the first batch coarseness by replacing the blender mixing and grinding approach. Store in a well sealed container and always shake mixture before applying each time you bring it out. Enjoy!

Ingredients
4 Tomahawk Steaks
Jailbreak Rub

Directions
1. BGE to T-Rex (full flame) with grid raised 2"
2. Sear, flip, sear and remove for 5 minutes.
3. Return and cook one minute each side, remove and plate

Also boiled up some fresh corn and a couple crab legs; French bread with garlic essence and butter with peas and sweet tea; ending the dinner with a Pinot Nior.

imageimageimageimage
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments