Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Approved!

Comments

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Welcome!

And nice cooks. What is the pizza bread looking dish? 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    +1 of Hapster.  You're grub doesn't look like it's from a newbie to me.   =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    LOOOOOOKING GOOD!  Same here, maybe new to the egg, but you are not new to the culinary arts!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    edited June 2012

MY guess is the pizza thing is a stuffed pizza bought from Papa Murphy's.    They sell Pizza you take home and bake.   I have been dying to try one in my egg but the closes store to me is like 40 miles away.  Looks like it was left on the plate they send with you.   Badong can you confirm?  If so did you take it off their plate or just do the whole cook with their plate under?

Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • Eggbertsdad
    That pizza bread thing makes me want to throw my stone off the deck! What is that? I better not put something like that in front of my wife, she'd chain my leg to the egg!
    No kidding! I tend to like a thin crusted pizza, but that is beautiful!
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Impressive start.  Welcome.

Interesting how folks who already know what they're doing immediately start pushing the Egg to it's limits.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    edited June 2012
    Wow, thanks guys.  I wanted to follow up the original post and say how much knowledge and advice I gained from reading this board.

This stuffed pizza is indeed from Papa Murphy's.  My wife and I ordered two different kinds.  Hers was regular and mine was stuffed.  The open face pizza actually came out tasting better because the cheese and vegetables soak up the smoke more than the bread does.  Yes, that is the plate that is provided by PM, I just laid that on top of my pizza stone.

Now I feel kinda lame if people thought I did anything more than throw it on the grill.
  • Eggbertsdad
    Badong,

Next time, lie about it...I won't know the difference.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    re: "Next time, lie about it.."

all my pics are of other people's food.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Badong,

Next time, lie about it...I won't know the difference.

I'm all for lying about it but somebody would have ratted him out on a Pappa Murphy's (most likely with pics) :). He played it right on this one.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggbertsdad
    Gotcha, 

I don't know what Pappa Murphy's is, but that twisted crust must be a give away.
  • Phoenix824
    edited June 2012

The paper plate under the pizza gave it away for me Papa Murphys has great pizza that you take and bake yourself.   When we had one close to the house I bought them all the time and I thought they were better than the other chain pizza's.        I wondered how one would work on the egg because I think making Pizza Dough is kind of a pain in the rear.     Ok for a saturday but when I get home at 5 or 6 I want to do something quick for supper and I usually don't plan far enough in advance for pizza dough..      I say that as my dough rests right now for Saturday night pizza.     

That being said even if someone else prepared it you can't fake the skill of cooking it to perfection.

If you remember temp and cook time Badong.   I would love to know so I can try to duplicate you cook

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Welcome!
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    That pizza makes me wish there was a Papa Murphy's in Maine.   I've got the Egg warming up for some pizza now but after seeing that killer twisted crust compared to my flat old crust it's likely to be a let down. lol.
  • Badong
    Badong Posts: 126
    That being said even if someone else prepared it you can't fake the skill of cooking it to perfection.

If you remember temp and cook time Badong.   I would love to know so I can try to duplicate you cook

Honestly, I just followed the directions that came with the pizza.
  • Phoenix824
    Thanks Badong,     That was what I was going to try next time I go to Papa's but is good to know that is how you did it.    I Love their pizza in my oven.    Have to beleive it is better on the egg.