Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried the Cow Lick rub tonight on ribeyes

Options
FxLynch
FxLynch Posts: 433
edited June 2012 in Forum List
So with a sad heart (and wallet), I have to say ON STEAKS I don't like the Cow Lick rub nearly as much as my usual Kosher salt/fresh cracked pepper.  I am looking forward to trying it on perhaps a lesser cut of meat that needs more flavor, or on a large cut of beef, or even burgers.

My fiance actually mentioned it before me, just that she preferred my usual simple rub as opposed to the Cow Lick.  I was already thinking this.  My 5 year old was the first to speak up, she is quite the little analyzer, mainly for Thai but also other foods. She is already good at picking out individual spices in foods.

So far, Dizzy Pig is 1 win/2 losses in our house.  (Raging river-win, Dizzy dust and Cow Lick- loss) However, I'm pretty sure the Tsunami Spin will even that score to 2/2 just based on tasting a small sample of the rub alone. Please note, this is our particular taste, not a slam on the company, or even saying YOU won't like their rubs, just wanted to report back with a personal experience.

Frank

Comments