Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Open Heart

2»

Comments

• psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108

Interesting stuff, I suggest that you read the book Heaven is for Real, might just open your eyes. Sad that you cannot accept the faith of others just because you have none of your own.
  • Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121

Can we move on please? I left the other forum because of this (and yes, I know I can ignore the thread if I wanted to. but I rather not to see these threads to begin with).

And Tweed_tip, ideologically and politically I am in the same camp as you are but even I cannot approve the way you are handling this. If some people want to believe, let them believe. As long as they are not posting Islam-phobia on 9-11 anniversary or claim Einstein believed in god -in a grilling forum-, let them be. I rather the original post was made in the OT to being with but nobody reads OT and people feel better in sharing in time of stress and that’s the most important thing -in this thread- and not how people think about god and politics. This is not the time or place to raise these discussions. Let it go. And this comes from somebody who agrees with you and your frustration with religion.

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Very grateful things turned out well for your son. That would be an extremely stressful situation. Wishing him a great recovery and you some peace of mind over this situation.
  • Iceman5705
    Iceman5705 Posts: 83

Tweev,

I have to admit, I don't know how old you are but as of late you are the most immature adult that I have come across in a long time.

• waegger
    waegger Posts: 88

What is it that you teach as an " EDUCATOR " hate and intolerance?

• psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    Gadly,

EVERYBODY reads OT. Everybody.  That, however, is besides the point.

I do think you are right.  If there is one thing that I have learned as an educator: You can't unteach stupid.

Consider the matter closed from my end.

Ok, one last one ;)

Educator, now that really scares the heck out of me. I am glad you are not teaching my grandkids .

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Tweeve,

You are a very vocal opponent of Off Topic discussions (as I am).  Don't you think this is taking "off topic" to an extreme?

This discussion is not going to change anybody's mind or beliefs, nor is it going to make anybody cook a better pizza or spatchcock chicken.

Can we close this thread?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    lol.  You're incorrigible !

Please understand if I move 100 feet away from you in a lightning storm.  
    :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390

wow, tolerance is only good if you agree with it.......

God bless you!

by the way, nice picture of the arm above with the lightning!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Tweeve called us Jesus groupies! Thanks buddy that's the nicest thing you've ever said to us. Now can I ask you to kindly remove your previous derogatory posts from this thread. Whoops! Back at the top...
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492

Tweev,

I have to admit, I don't know how old you are but as of late you are the most immature adult that I have come across in a long time.

As I have read all this, I am thinking the same thing, adolescent maybe?
    Eggo in N. MS
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Nor do I. I just remember a while back when a guy made a post and totally without even having a clue it would offend anyone offended you. You immediately asked him to remove it, which he did. Not many saw it, but I did. I realize you can't edit now, but I can't believe you ask someone to remove that and then at the same time post the above comments.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    My son's surgery was in Jackson Memorial in Miami, the same place they brought those Miami Zombie flesh eating guys.I was out walking around the hospital perimeter getting some exercise and came in just before they brought them in. You talk about appreciating your own problems!

As a final note about the original thread. We had our post-op follow up today. They pulled the stitches and sent us on our way. Now we just go back to our cardiologist and wait for the bills to come in. Son's appetite is still not 100% but doc said breastbone is fully healed at six weeks and we can turn him loose.

In relation to all the side conversation that's come up.  Remember in the early sixties when just having surgery on the heart was considered a major event both technically and morally. There was a ton of debate when Dr. Christian Barnard conducted the world's first heart transplant. The clergy were so against it as I remember. And of course it was technologically challenging. I'm just glad that here we are in 2012 and have moved past all that.
  • Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    Steve, glad to see your son is doing ok. I don't know how I would deal with something like this if it ever happned to me. I can take anything as long as it affects me and me only (or so I think). When it comes to my kids, that's another story.
  • watchdog
    watchdog Posts: 5
    edited June 2012

Steve,

Please check your messages. I have an open heart surgery story I would like to pass on to you I think you will find absolutely amazing. Hopefully you will share it with your son.

Take care,

Watchdog