Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sausage-plain but yummy

g-o
g-o Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just finished devouring some plain country style sausages done on the egg. Tried to go slow but they were done in 45 min. No smoke (that is no extra smoke) just plain. They were excellent.
I've got a 6lb piece of pig leg (back leg) in the fridge with the rub on it--got to try low & slow tomorrow.

after I get a tooth out, oooohhhhh
Gord

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    g-o,
    I have started to eat more and more sausages simply because they are quick and easy. [p]Try this, on a Saturday, get up and fire up Mr. Egg after you get the coffee going. Then toss on some breakfast sausages with a handful of apple or maple woodchips as you sip you coffee. I grantee you will wake up the entire neighborhood on smell alone. It does not make much of a difference what you serve them with, Pancakes or Eggs and Fried Potatoes (or Grits for the Southern Folk). You will be set for rest of the day.[p]I would definitely stay away from the Grocery Store varieties of sausage since they contain too much junk. Find a good sausage maker in your area. Like a butcher, Sausage making is a dying art.[p]If I am heating up sausage that is already smoked, I throw on a handful of smoking pellets or chips to freshen up the flavor.[p]Happy Smoking,
    RhumAndJerk

• g-o
    g-o Posts: 39
    RhumAndJerk, I agree totally about those supermarket sausages--real junky. We had a sausage maker that only lived about 10 mi. away and he died 2 wks. ago. He will be truly missed.
    Gord