Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo3 extender

Options
GeauxEggin
GeauxEggin Posts: 31
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looks like the ceramic grill store has stopped production on the woo3 extender  . I was looking to get a woo and extender for fathers day as I like the simplicity over the adjustable rig. Anyone have a simple extender they use with their woo to get the same effect? I guess I could always get a 16.5" grill and some long bolts with washers and nuts and make my own.

Comments

• nemo
    nemo Posts: 113
    Options
    Just checked their web site....they have a PSWOO3, which probably upgrades the old WOO3. Looks like a good improvement.
    Fairview, Texas
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I got the PSWOO3 and bought the extender and did ribs on both grids this weekend and it worked great.  The website said they may discontinue the extender.

The new PSWOO3 has the drop down ring like the spider.  It was great for searing steaks.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    we have a limited number of woo3 extenders.   they are available on the site till gone.  I can continue the piece, but price will go up dramatically, as my cost went up dramatically.  Might be a simple piece to use but not so much to fabricate.   

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Duganboy
    Options
    we have a limited number of woo3 extenders.   they are available on the site till gone.  I can continue the piece, but price will go up dramatically, as my cost went up dramatically.  Might be a simple piece to use but not so much to fabricate.   

t
    Glad I ordered early, t.  My woo3 and extender have worked exactly as I thought they would.
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Thanks for the heads-up because I was waiting for a good excuse to buy something for more grilling space . . . so I just ordered a large woo3 extender online and got the confirmation back. Order them while you can . . . !!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options
    Already have one and use quite often with the A/R, love it.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Lol, guess good excuse as any :) I just ordered one!!

XLBGE 
  • GeauxEggin
    GeauxEggin Posts: 31
    Options
    I bought a Woo and extender for myself and one for my dad yesterday.  Mine is already here today!  Can't wait to give it a try.
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    I cant even find a woo3

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    wait, I have an xl...

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    Options
    Mine just arrived---looks great
  • Duganboy
    Options

Is it possible to make a "sound" impluse purchase? Just ordered the Woo3 and the Woo3 Extender...

For the spider ring effect, all I would need now would be a 13"CI grate, correct? And from my quick run around their site, most of the other Large accessories can be used as well. If you have the Woo3, is there any real need to also have the Adjustable Rig? Unless of course you have multiple large eggs...

Edit - Will the 16" wok work with the Woo3 or does it need to be a different size wok or another attachment to the Woo3?

Hapster, don't know if you have ever used Grill Grates or not.  I put two grill grates on the Woo's lower ring and they are great for searing.  Grill Grates work great on the regular setup for steaks, burgers, etc.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    thanks to all for the biz, mucho appreciated......

the daughter (when home) and wife (always home) work hard to get the orders out fast.  they tell me it's good customer service. sometimes I wonder if they go fast, just so I stay away from shipping.  both are happy to remind me that I can't pack a box worth a darn......lol   

FYI, 13" bge cast iron grid, 13CI, fits the spider ring for searing closer to the lump.  You can get the 13CI from your favorite BGE dealer.....

tom 
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    Options

Just ordered a woo3 extender!

I am also interested in large adjustable rig (oval configuration) but that needs wife's approval.

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options

I am also interested in large adjustable rig (oval configuration) but that needs wife's approval.

I seriously just died when i read this one! was my thoughts too! i snagged the extender but need to butter the wife up for over 100$ purchases  ^:)^

XLBGE 
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options

That's what I have (A/R Oval Set up and woo3 extender) and use it all the time. The configuration set ups seem to be endless for just about any type of cooking. If you go with that set up I would recommend getting an extra set of the cross bars for the A/R.

Scott

• Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    Options

I was going to get the extra set of cross bars -and- the R&B extender combo that includes rig extender, oval grid & foil ring. it was going over $200 so they are staying in my cart till wife warms up to the idea.

I burned my hand a couple of weeks ago not noticing the "Guru Golf Club" has gotten too hot to handle. I could easily lie and say it wouldn't have happned if I had AR! But I have never lied to my wife and I am not going to start now.