Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blue Big Green Egg? (pic)

OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

I ran across this auction while browsing on Ebay.  Anybody know the story behind the blue BGE?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Blue-Big-Green-Egg-BLUE-/120920616585?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c276e2e89

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

Comments

• I smell a hoax...look at the user's profile. No feedback to speak of, no record of selling anything else on Ebay. Just doesn't add up. Ebay has been full of scams lately.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited May 2012
    the handle, gasket, and bottom vent look nice and clean.

<edit> ok, just saw why.... link has pics of inside....never used.  </edit>

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    ive seen a few blue pics over the years. i think they changed to spring bands right around 2002 so this ones a little older
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    blue eggs really were made, and were sold in florida from what i remember.
    if i were going to scam on eBay, i don't think i'd start with an obscure version of an expensive obscure grill with a high minimum bid and which is limited to local pick-up only
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    blue eggs really were made, and were sold in florida from what i remember.
    if i were going to scam on eBay, i don't think i'd start with an obscure version of an expensive obscure grill with a high minimum bid and which is limited to local pick-up only

I think it is legitimate. Paypal does protect buyer, and local pick up sounds secure. Could probably send seller message for cash at pick up for preferred method of payment.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Limited item from years back what I've read. I think some of the the pool places that sold eggs thought it would be neat to have a blue one. Not sure why they quit making them or how many were made.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Limited item from years back what I've read. I think some of the the pool places that sold eggs thought it would be neat to have a blue one. Not sure why they quit making them or how many were made.

Damn! Just clicked on your link. Nice blog and tasty looking mushroom burgers!