Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's Maple Bacon Wrapped Pickles, and Stuffed Mushrooms with Goat Cheese & Pancetta, WAHOO!...

Options
smokesniffer
smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Wanted to put on a bit of an appy night for my wife.  So I prepared the Dill Pickles the night before, I used a 50/50 mix of regular syrup and real maple syrup, and then cut regular dill pickles into bite size pieces and then wrapped those with bacon, and ran a toothpick through to hold it in place, and into the syrup mix for a night in the fridge. 
 Fired up the Egg and settled it in to 300 degrees. Put on ABT's and let them get introduced to the lump. Grilled them for about 45 minutes and then tossed the dill pickles onto the grill as well. We use a recipe From Necessary Indulges website for the maple wrapped bacon pickles. Thanks Kristi. ( they were awesome) Grilled everything for about another 35 minutes. Tied all this together for a great appy night. Margarita's to help wash them down. Nice and Tasty!
Large, small, and a mini

Comments