Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BBQ nom noms (lots of pics)

cazzycazzy Posts: 4,482
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
We had a great weekend of eating and had a couple of 1st attempts on the egg.  Until Saturday, I hadn't grilled center-cut pork chops on the egg (or steaks) but I got er done and was happy with the results.

Each seasoned differently - Cowlick, Red Eye Express, Dizzy Dust and Raising the Steaks.  Seared using the spider and roasted at around 400 until temp was reached.

Topped with Texas Gourmet Foods - Texas Passion Habanero Jelly

On Sunday, I got mentally prepared and threw on my 1st brisket at 9pm (13 pound USDA Choice).  These ingredients should look similar (more on that later). ;)

Initially, the fire was a lil too hot and didn't settle in @ 235 until about 11:30pm.  The pit was rock steady at temp for about 40 min before I got it on, but I guess the Stoker fan kicked on while I had the lid open to add foil under the drip pan and put on the meat.  Wicked Good plus the lid open and forced oxygen from the Stoker had my temp at 300 at the early stages.

Got word that the gym was closing early for Memorial Day, so I pulled at 5pm (temp was at 200.3 in the flat and 194.4 in the point when pulled) and went to work out.  I double wrapped in foil and then in towels and tossed her into the cooler.  When I got home, I made the corn bread, heated up the beans, grilled corn and then pulled a @Doc_Eggerton 

For my 1st attempt, my guests and I were very satisfied with the results.  It came out very moist...even the flat was good which I usually hate.

The spread - w/ Salt Lick BBQ Sauce.  I know The Cen-Tex Smoker appreciates that and he was a lot of the reason why I got some.

A special thanks to Village Idiot for the Texas BBQ Grand Champion Rub.  It was excellent on the brisket and I see why it's your favorite.  Also, thanks for the Texas Passion Habanero Jelly and your recommendation for it on pork chops.  I appreciate the Salado Fest gifts and i'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Also, a big shout out to @travisstrick for walking me through my brisket cook.  My ingredients are a mirror image to what he did a few months ago and he assisted me with the entire process and answered all my questions.  I definitely had confidence going in thanks to the eggheadforum's James Brown!!  Thanks again sir! :)

Comments