Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Is this covered under BGE warranty

EGGARIFICEGGARIFIC Posts: 21
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just noticed that my egg was starting to chip.  Didnt know if anyone could help me out on the warranty part for BGE.  Thanks in advance
·

Comments

• CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 488
    Yes, I would say it is. My dealer would cover it.
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,244
    I'd imagine so but they may just send you some paint. Hopefully someone has some experience with this so you can see how the mothership handled it.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,303
    if its one spot theres a chance it got hit with something and might not be covered, my small was covered but the whole side of it started to delaminate
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    I had the same thing happen on my large. It was covered. Take several pictures and send it to Bruce at the Mothership.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • EGGARIFICEGGARIFIC Posts: 21
    thanks
    ·
  • Iceman5705Iceman5705 Posts: 83

Eggarific,

I had the same thing happen on my dome.  Sent pics and an explanation to Bruce at BGE and they covered it no problem.

Good luck!

Ice

·

do you by chance have an email address for him or should i just use the one that is on the site

thanks

·
  • Iceman5705Iceman5705 Posts: 83
    I used the one on the site and then followed up with a phone call the next day.  He had to pour through quite a few emails but was able to find mine.
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 438
    Phone call did the trick for me when getting a new gasket.
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·

thanks

·