Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp ABT's on the Mini

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
imageimageimageimageimage
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    If your door knocks, don't worry, it's just me. I want some. I just fried some shrimp and ckn tenders. It was my first attempt at wok frying and a total fail.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Too little oil or no hot enough?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Too hot for the ckn and not hot enough for the shrimp. Oil was just enough.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Bummer

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Options
    Made filet mignon Cajun style on my mini today. Sorry no pics. Should start taking photos. Don't feel worthy without a cool lawn ranger tool. But alas hopefully one day he will make another batch. Earlier this weekend had a taste test of Oscar Meyer beef hot dogs vs Hebrew national beef hot dogs. Kids preferred the oscar meyer.
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Looks great Mickey, and they tasted......?????
  • RebelEgg
    RebelEgg Posts: 45
    Options
    man those look good, need to try shrimp the next time i make them
  • Mickey
    Options
    Made filet mignon Cajun style on my mini today. Sorry no pics. Should start taking photos. Don't feel worthy without a cool lawn ranger tool. But alas hopefully one day he will make another batch. Earlier this weekend had a taste test of Oscar Meyer beef hot dogs vs Hebrew national beef hot dogs. Kids preferred the oscar meyer.

I like Nathan's the best. Have not had Pearls yet.

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Mikey, this looks great, but didn't the shrimp cook much faster than then bacon?

Oh and for dogs we've gone from Nathan's to Boars head beef and pork hot dogs. If you can get boars head they are worth a shot. Good casing crack too on every bite. Fwiw, their pure beef has no casing.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Mickey
    Options
    Will try but a big fan of beef.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    How did they come out, Mickey? I would be worried about the shrimp cooking faster than the bacon and might have tried par-cooking it a few minutes in the microwave, but am very curious about your results.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Options

I like Nathan's the best. Have not had Pearls yet.

I will look for those and the Boars head always willing to experiment.
  • Mickey
    Options
    How did they come out, Mickey? I would be worried about the shrimp cooking faster than the bacon and might have tried par-cooking it a few minutes in the microwave, but am very curious about your results.

I worried about the same thing. But they were cooked just fine when the bacon was chrisp. They cooked on the Mini Woo direct at 350/375. They were 90%+ covered with bacon. No need to precook bacon. Was also worred that the Mini might be to close to the fire but that also was not a problem. To answer your question: go for it........

• Mickey
    Options
    Mikey, this looks great, but didn't the shrimp cook much faster than then bacon?

Oh and for dogs we've gone from Nathan's to Boars head beef and pork hot dogs. If you can get boars head they are worth a shot. Good casing crack too on every bite. Fwiw, their pure beef has no casing.
    Will try the Boars Head next time, thanks. You are saying to get the pork/beef over the all beef?

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Yep, For me I like the flavor, and the texture from the casing. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!