Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Buns for Pulled Pork

gte1gte1 Posts: 376
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions for the best options for buns for PP sandwitchs.

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    King's Hawaiian make a fine choice....kinda sweet, but sturdy
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 213
    Plain white el cheapo buns. Let the pork speak for itself, instead of overpowering it with a mouthful of bread.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • inkyoninkyon Posts: 88
    King's Hawaiian  ^:)^
  • all of the above. King's, or super cheap white bread
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    My experience is the softest plain white bun you can get goes best with the pulled pork.
  • Kings is awesome but I usually go cheap whitey 
  • tvest43tvest43 Posts: 20
    Compliment good food with a good bread.........particularly like Martin's Potato Bread....sure I'll get blown up about this, but it's good stuff - when it's fresh.  Don't last too long in the pantry, sours quickly.  But when fresh..........
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,307
    We like to use the slider size buns, any dough will do, potato, wheat, white.
  • Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    I make my own using Michel Smith potato bread recipe. Easy to make and tasty
    I just bought 1.23 8 pack at wal mart. Cheaper the better. The q should speak for itself
  • I just bought 1.23 8 pack at wal mart. Cheaper the better. The q should speak for itself
    I just went with a bunch of cheapies for today too. My fave but love kings too.