Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Buns for Pulled Pork

gte1gte1 Posts: 376
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions for the best options for buns for PP sandwitchs.

George
George
·

Comments

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    King's Hawaiian make a fine choice....kinda sweet, but sturdy
    ·
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    Plain white el cheapo buns. Let the pork speak for itself, instead of overpowering it with a mouthful of bread.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
    ·
  • inkyoninkyon Posts: 88
    King's Hawaiian  ^:)^
    ·
  • all of the above. King's, or super cheap white bread

·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    My experience is the softest plain white bun you can get goes best with the pulled pork.
    ·
  • Kings is awesome but I usually go cheap whitey 

·
  • tvest43tvest43 Posts: 20
    Compliment good food with a good bread.........particularly like Martin's Potato Bread....sure I'll get blown up about this, but it's good stuff - when it's fresh.  Don't last too long in the pantry, sours quickly.  But when fresh..........
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,272
    We like to use the slider size buns, any dough will do, potato, wheat, white.
    ·
  • Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    I make my own using Michel Smith potato bread recipe. Easy to make and tasty

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Rice/Grain/recipe.html?dishid=9550
    ·
  • JGIFFORDJGIFFORD Posts: 50
    I just bought 1.23 8 pack at wal mart. Cheaper the better. The q should speak for itself
    ·
  • I just bought 1.23 8 pack at wal mart. Cheaper the better. The q should speak for itself
    I just went with a bunch of cheapies for today too. My fave but love kings too.

·