Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Buns for Pulled Pork

gte1gte1 Posts: 376
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions for the best options for buns for PP sandwitchs.

George
George

Comments

• Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    King's Hawaiian make a fine choice....kinda sweet, but sturdy
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    Plain white el cheapo buns. Let the pork speak for itself, instead of overpowering it with a mouthful of bread.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • inkyoninkyon Posts: 88
    King's Hawaiian  ^:)^
  • all of the above. King's, or super cheap white bread

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    My experience is the softest plain white bun you can get goes best with the pulled pork.
  • Kings is awesome but I usually go cheap whitey 

• tvest43tvest43 Posts: 20
    Compliment good food with a good bread.........particularly like Martin's Potato Bread....sure I'll get blown up about this, but it's good stuff - when it's fresh.  Don't last too long in the pantry, sours quickly.  But when fresh..........
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    We like to use the slider size buns, any dough will do, potato, wheat, white.
  • Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    I make my own using Michel Smith potato bread recipe. Easy to make and tasty

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Rice/Grain/recipe.html?dishid=9550
  • JGIFFORDJGIFFORD Posts: 50
    I just bought 1.23 8 pack at wal mart. Cheaper the better. The q should speak for itself
  • I just bought 1.23 8 pack at wal mart. Cheaper the better. The q should speak for itself
    I just went with a bunch of cheapies for today too. My fave but love kings too.