Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Huge LUMP (logs)

McStewMcStew Posts: 529
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Picked this up the other day, haven't found any reviews posted on this site before or on wiz.  Purchased 3 / 40 lb bags $10.00 a bags in LOS ANGELES area. LOGS of lumps that are just unusable without a hammer. Anyone ever used this before? It burns ok, smell is stronger then RO or BGE brands, ash not too bad.

Marina Del Rey CA 
photo-27.jpg 112.1K
photo-28.jpg 94.4K
photo-30.jpg 127.4K
·

Comments

• JasperJasper Posts: 378
    I bought something very similar a couple of years ago. Huge logs too.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/869554/five-star-mesquite-lump-mini-review#latest
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    That's mesquite and that's fairly normal for mesquite.  Bust up the logs and use them. 
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Never got a bag like that, I usually get lump on the other side....tiny pieces are usually the problem.   

Since I switched to using Wicked Good Weekend Warrior I haven't had any complaints, no tiny lump and the big pieces aren't so big you can't use them.  Until I have a problem with it I'm going to stick with them.
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,361
    $10 a bag for mesquite.  I'd be all over that.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • That's mesquite and that's fairly normal for mesquite.  Bust up the logs and use them. 
    yep

·