Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Huge LUMP (logs)

McStewMcStew Posts: 550
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Picked this up the other day, haven't found any reviews posted on this site before or on wiz.  Purchased 3 / 40 lb bags $10.00 a bags in LOS ANGELES area. LOGS of lumps that are just unusable without a hammer. Anyone ever used this before? It burns ok, smell is stronger then RO or BGE brands, ash not too bad.

Marina Del Rey CA 
photo-27.jpg 112.1K
photo-28.jpg 94.4K
photo-30.jpg 127.4K

Comments

• JasperJasper Posts: 378
    I bought something very similar a couple of years ago. Huge logs too.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/869554/five-star-mesquite-lump-mini-review#latest
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    That's mesquite and that's fairly normal for mesquite.  Bust up the logs and use them. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    Never got a bag like that, I usually get lump on the other side....tiny pieces are usually the problem.   

Since I switched to using Wicked Good Weekend Warrior I haven't had any complaints, no tiny lump and the big pieces aren't so big you can't use them.  Until I have a problem with it I'm going to stick with them.
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,368
    $10 a bag for mesquite.  I'd be all over that.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • That's mesquite and that's fairly normal for mesquite.  Bust up the logs and use them. 
    yep