Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating

TarHeelBBQ
TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
As you can tell by name I am a huge UNC fan. One thing we love to do is tailgate every Saturday that UNC is playing at BKS. Just wanted to know if any one has experience tailgating with the egg? I don't see how it could be possible but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Heavy, expensive (stealable), and slow to cool down come to mind. If you can solve the latter might be more feasible. That, and the green. You would need an early BGE (blue) for NC!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Yes, I have thought about it a lot. I have no way to transport it, so my best idea has been making a pork shoulder or brisket the night before. I plan on aiming doneness at time I would leave for the game (hr before prob) and wrap in foil and towels. There is an egg trailer hitch item, but I don't feel comfortable leaving egg all alone in a parking lot.
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    edited May 2012
    The egg trailer hitch cost about the same as an XL bge :(
    Pentwater, MI
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    I will be getting a small for this, It can cool in the back of my navigator, already checked the size...where there is a will there is a way....

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    I have seen somewhere on the forum pictures of how some people transport smaller eggs. They have built a small wooden table with a hole in it for the egg. When they are transporting it, the table gets turned up side down and the egg goes into the table. Maybe you could rig up something similar with a heat barrier on the table so that the egg could cool off.
    Good Luck and let us know what you did. 
    :-c
    Large, small, and a mini