Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tailgating

TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 305
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
As you can tell by name I am a huge UNC fan. One thing we love to do is tailgate every Saturday that UNC is playing at BKS. Just wanted to know if any one has experience tailgating with the egg? I don't see how it could be possible but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ
·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    Heavy, expensive (stealable), and slow to cool down come to mind. If you can solve the latter might be more feasible. That, and the green. You would need an early BGE (blue) for NC!
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,785
    Yes, I have thought about it a lot. I have no way to transport it, so my best idea has been making a pork shoulder or brisket the night before. I plan on aiming doneness at time I would leave for the game (hr before prob) and wrap in foil and towels. There is an egg trailer hitch item, but I don't feel comfortable leaving egg all alone in a parking lot.
    ·
  • ShadowNickShadowNick Posts: 519
    edited May 2012
    The egg trailer hitch cost about the same as an XL bge :(
    Chicago, Illinois
    ·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    I will be getting a small for this, It can cool in the back of my navigator, already checked the size...where there is a will there is a way....

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,705
    I have seen somewhere on the forum pictures of how some people transport smaller eggs. They have built a small wooden table with a hole in it for the egg. When they are transporting it, the table gets turned up side down and the egg goes into the table. Maybe you could rig up something similar with a heat barrier on the table so that the egg could cool off.
    Good Luck and let us know what you did. 
    :-c
    ·