Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Overnight cook - can see smoke coming out back of egg

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 110
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I fried my top gasket this past week and BGE is sending me a new high heat one. Meantime I thought my seal was tight so fired it up to do an overnight cook (shoulder). When I added the wood chips though and the smoke was trying to find every crack possible to get out - I noticed a little smoke coming out the back of the egg.

Wasn't terribly much, and was only when the initial chip smoke had nowhere to go so it made its way out there. That said - it does tell me my seal is not air tight.

Is this going to be a problem for such a long cook? I have a drip pan with cider/water for extra moisture so I hope that will help. Can't imagine it will RUIN the cook but hope it wouldn't make a difference between good and great. Thoughts?

Comments