Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Overnight cook - can see smoke coming out back of egg

Mole351Mole351 Posts: 108
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I fried my top gasket this past week and BGE is sending me a new high heat one. Meantime I thought my seal was tight so fired it up to do an overnight cook (shoulder). When I added the wood chips though and the smoke was trying to find every crack possible to get out - I noticed a little smoke coming out the back of the egg.

Wasn't terribly much, and was only when the initial chip smoke had nowhere to go so it made its way out there. That said - it does tell me my seal is not air tight.

Is this going to be a problem for such a long cook? I have a drip pan with cider/water for extra moisture so I hope that will help. Can't imagine it will RUIN the cook but hope it wouldn't make a difference between good and great. Thoughts?

Comments