Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Lobster Tails

Options
Drphil9001
Drphil9001 Posts: 29
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I got some Lobster Tails at Whole Foods and am looking for some recipes for dinner tonight...anyone got a favorite?

Thanks!

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Man, I love to cut their shells down the back and then just grill them direct.  To eat, clarify some butter and get your face all greasy.   Compliment with a ribeye steak.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    Man, I love to cut their shells down the back and then just grill them direct.  To eat, clarify some butter and get your face all greasy.   Compliment with a ribeye steak.

I am hungrier now than ever! Sounds delicious. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Phoenix824
    Phoenix824 Posts: 243
    Options

1) Pack in dry ice

2) Send them to me

Looks like a good recipe to me

Steve Van Wert, Ohio XL BGE
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options

1) Pack in dry ice

2) Send them to me

Looks like a good recipe to me

HAHA nice. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 354
    Options

Sarge,

There was a method called dwell in the shell if you want to search it. It was a good sear with the meat down and then flip and add butter and cook to temp. Can't remember times

• demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm with VI on this one.  Keep it simple.
  • dunnharr
    dunnharr Posts: 45
    Options
    I use kitchen shears to cut the top of the shell lengthwise to the tail, pull the meat out and place it on top, still attached.  You can then pull out the vein, sop some garlic butter on it and put in on the grill, leg side down at about 400.  Cook for about 8-10 minutes, sop with more garlic butter (be careful, it will flame up if you use too much), flip and cook meat side down for about 2-4 minutes to give it just a little grid mark and you'll be done.  Make enough garlic butter so you'll have plenty for dipping.  If you have a metal bowl, you can set it on the edge of the grate while cooking to keep it from solidifying.  Time for the first part will depend on the size, but be careful not to overcook.  Link to TFM Recipe: http://www.thefreshmarket.com/recipes/recipes_details_review.aspx?RecipeID=269
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    One tip:  If you use a heavy chef's knife to split the tails lengthwise, as I do, put the tail on the cutting board right-side-up, so the flat bottom of the tail is on the cutting board.

After typing it out, that seems blindingly obvious, but my first tail I tried to cut bottom-side-up and almost lost my grip.  
    ^#(^

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Ranger908
    Ranger908 Posts: 44
    Options

Cut the tails in half.  Put on the grill shell side down with butter and a little seafood seasoning on the meat.  Cook until shell is red.  Depends on size for time, don't overcook.  Turn over and cook meat side down for about 1 or 2 min,  Done  Enjoy

• Drphil9001
    Drphil9001 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips...I did find the "Dwell in the Shell" recipe here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/4561485/The-BIG-GREEN-EGG-Recipe-Book and am going to try that cooking method.  Right now they are in the fridge marinating in a little olive oil, lemon, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika. Grill is beginning to come to temp...can't wait!