Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lazy L Minifest Pics

chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
papaq.jpg
<p />Our little gettogether here in Northern CO was a lot of fun. Even though it was a bit rainy in the am, the clouds parted in the afternoon and we enjoyed the fellowship of the egg all day long. Thanks to Eggor, Papa Q, Pakak, and John for taking time out of their weekend to share some egg tips, recipes, and stories. Here's a couple of pictures from the event.[p]First, the pic above shows Papa Q working his spatchcock chicken magic on his small egg. Pakak and eggor work it in the background.[p]Next here's me bringing in the slow cooked pork shoulder[p]
chuckls.jpg
[p]eggor with his celebrated venison jerky[p]
eggor.jpg
[p]We even had door prizes! [p]
doorprizes.jpg
[p]A new bag of BGE lump, eggor's pepper ring, eggor's grid lifters, two bottles of grill rub, and, introducing, the personalized BGE spoon rest! This spoon rest (available from your's truly), labeled "Lazy L Minifest '05" was won by Pakak. [p]Happy eggin'
Chuck[p]

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    chuckls,[p]Looks like a fun time inspite of the weather. Great looking cabin![p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • PizzandQs
    PizzandQs Posts: 42
    I attended the Lazy L Minifest as a guest and observer, and just want to thank Chuck and his wife for their graciousness. Even though some rooms in their basement were suffering water damage from a couple of days of extrordinary rain and hail, they were able to cheerfully host the fest.
    It was a real treat to meet these guys while my egg was "in the mail." Like this forum, there was a ton of good cheer and good advice.
    When my egg arrived 6 days later I remembered Papa Q saying "This spatchcock chicken is just amazing.... an hour at 350 and it's perfect every time..." 3 hours and 20 minutes after the FedEx Freight guy left the driveway my, first chicken, butterflied, at 350 for an hour, came out and it was perfect. Thanks Paul!
    I cannot overstate the quality of the pepper roaster (3 dozen at once and still have lots of your grill free), grid lifters (lift a grid that has a 24 quart pot on it?), and the spoon rest, a piece of art glass that also happens to be a GREAT representation of an egg!!!
    Thanks Chuck,
    Steve

• chuckls,[p]"A new bag of BGE lump, eggor's pepper ring, eggor's grid lifters,......"[p]What is the eggor's pepper ring? Also, I have noticed a lot of you guys/gals have or know where to get some niffty little accessories for your Eggs. The BGE web site doesn't seem to mention or show all the accessories available. Could ya'll post some links for eggsessories. I think BGE could do a better job in showing any and all eggsessories on their web site. [p]Thanks in advance.
  • chuckls
    Eggprentice (FKA Green Egg Apprentice),[p]The accessories mentioned aren't made or sold by BGE - they're invented by talented eggers! Keep an eye on the forum, you'll see mention of lots of these gadgets that make your egging simpler, more productive, or just more fun. [p]If you see something that catches your eye, or something you just can't egg without, send an email directly to the egger with the goods. You can find their email, and in some cases even a web site) in the "Visitors Profile" section of the BGE website (like at the top of the forum page). [p]Here's a few to get started:
    eggor: nifty brackets, spacers, and racks - check visitor profile
    Lawn Ranger: BBQ tools - www.lawnrangerbbq.com
    The Naked Whiz: Logo underwear & more - http://www.nakedwhiz.com
    Mickey T: temperature control rings - check visitor profile
    Chubby: small egg gratemates - GrateMates@sbcglobal.net
    chuckls: personalized BGE spoonrest - chuckgpgs@yahoo.com[p]I apologize to those who I left out - my brain isn't yet firing on all cylinders this morning. I'm sure other eggers will chip in with their fav eggssories[p]Chuck[p]

• chuckls
    PizzandQs,[p]Thanks to you as well for taking time out of your day to come and see what all this egg fuss is about. It was great to find we share another interest - African Grey Parrots![p]Welcome to the egg club, glad you got your egg, and I think maybe you set a record for getting your first cook going after just receiving a brand new egg![p]Chuck
  • chuckls,[p]Interesting--I also own a Congo Grey that was hand raised by a friend that is now about 15 years old. I got him when he was just a few weeks old. Provides a lot of enjoyment in our home.[p]Dave[p][p]
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    8b6a443c.jpg
    <p />chuckls,[p]man i was beginning to think you forgot to put film in your camera.LOL[p]Check out the size of these scampi
    IMG_0675_1.jpg[p]I wanted to add, that Patio & Dining Lifestyles were the ones that donated the bag of BGE lump, great BGE dealer in Ft collins Co. [p]Chuckls, can you post another pic of just your spoon holder. Its amazing, even the glass texture mathes the texture of the egg!!![p]Thanks for hosting the first Colorado eggfest. Had a great time.[p]Scott