Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody use Stubb's or K Competition briquettes?

Options
hogsfan
hogsfan Posts: 128
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'll be honest. I've never really liked using lump. No matter how many different brands I try, I ALWAYS find lump to be sparky and there is almost always extra crap (trash, rocks, etc) in the bag no matter how expensive the lump is. I hate all the tiny pieces that fall through or clog the grate. I fight through it though because I always considered it comes with the territory.

Well tonight something happened that scared the crap out of me. I was using a well known and recommended brand and mid cook I opened the lid and a large spark popped right at my eye. It missed my eye by about an inch but got caught in my hair. I got it out of my hair and I'm fine but I burned some of my hair and could have gotten that in my eye. Has anybody had any luck with all natural briquettes? I know there will be more ash but I don't care. I clean my egg every cook anyways. Has anybody found a decent briquette that like? 

Comments