Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

High-Que High Heat Replacement Gasket For XL

Options
unit26
unit26 Posts: 53
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried the nomex replacement gasket from High-Que?   It is self adhesive and is called the smarter replacement.  If anyone has feedback on it I would appreciate it.

Comments

• xl
    xl Posts: 1
    Options
    I just replaced my gasket with high Que's product. I've only used my xl bge once since, but it seems to have a strong hold. I always do well with gaskets till I do pizza, then they seem to fall apart. I've been to my local eggfest and seen gaskets falling off there. I think that this is a problem bge cannot get right. I've talked to bge reps and they play it off like im doing something wrong....... when in fact, im following their directions to the tee.
  • aem
    aem Posts: 146
    Options
    I put one on my large. In general I'm very happy with it. It has held up well to several high temperature cooks, including a few pizzas. I had a little problem with the ends coming unglued but I fixed that with a dab of Permatex Ultra Copper silicone.
  • unit26
    unit26 Posts: 53
    Options
    Thanks for the input