Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum. You can also find a lot of information, cooking tips and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

High-Que High Heat Replacement Gasket For XL

unit26unit26 Posts: 53
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried the nomex replacement gasket from High-Que?   It is self adhesive and is called the smarter replacement.  If anyone has feedback on it I would appreciate it.

Comments

• xlxl Posts: 1
    I just replaced my gasket with high Que's product. I've only used my xl bge once since, but it seems to have a strong hold. I always do well with gaskets till I do pizza, then they seem to fall apart. I've been to my local eggfest and seen gaskets falling off there. I think that this is a problem bge cannot get right. I've talked to bge reps and they play it off like im doing something wrong....... when in fact, im following their directions to the tee.
  • aemaem Posts: 115
    I put one on my large. In general I'm very happy with it. It has held up well to several high temperature cooks, including a few pizzas. I had a little problem with the ends coming unglued but I fixed that with a dab of Permatex Ultra Copper silicone.
  • unit26unit26 Posts: 53
    Thanks for the input