Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BGE vs TRADITIONAL SMOKER

gdawgs24gdawgs24 Posts: 19
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

We are having a big cookout on saturday for our subdivision. We are expecting close to 100 people. So needless to say we have alot of cooking to do. We are smart enough to start cooking friday night. On the menu is 12 racks of baby backs, 4 butts, 4 briskets and 2 chickens. Needless to say i cant fit this on my XL BGE. We are using a traditional smoker. I am still kind of new to the egg but i figured i would cook atleast on butt on the egg to kind of compare. This will be my first low and slow on a butt i have cooked ribs before and they were delicious. I am going to inject the butt with a canjun butter marinate then i am going to rubb it down with mustard and a smoked applewood rub. Need a little help though.

Do i use legs up or down on plate setter?

And should i put apple juice or apple cider in drip pan or does it even matter?

Comments