Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well There Goes My Gasket

2»

Comments

• Flamethrower
    Flamethrower Posts: 493
    Tear it up like the rest of us Egg Heads!!!!!!!!!!!
    LET'S EAT
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    edited May 2012
    I gave it a few burns. I obeyed their break in procedures. If it fails it fails but I tried.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • wmrrock
    wmrrock Posts: 30
    I bought my BGE on this past Monday May 21.  I used the BGE with the diffuser and pizza stone to make a pizza.  The gaskets burned.  Customer Service told me the BGE had to be used at low temps for the first few times then I could use it at a higher temp.  He told me that they would send me a new gasket.  I should have it by Friday.  Thanks BGE Customer Support.
  • Sarge, let 'er rip. it does not matter. It's going to fry anyway and there is zero evidence (this is a new stance for me) that 3 days means jack squat in the performance of the gasket. Time to fire it up if you ask me.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I know, I'm dying to use her. Just buried in work ugh.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • jdgcrean
    jdgcrean Posts: 44

Purchased my egg in Canada - slightly different policy on the gaskets as the Canadian distributor seems less inclined to give a new one away for free. Dixon Pro Home Hardware were happy to replace for free however with the high heat version - just had to pay for the glue. 

• theman48
    theman48 Posts: 12
    I've had my large egg for a month a week ago I cook a pizza with the plate setter legs up the grate and the stone on top the temp was at 600 when the pizza done I notice the gasket was done to