Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A new (to me) twist

Options
BRush00
BRush00 Posts: 367
edited May 2012 in Beef
Awhile back I bought a whole Beef Tenderloin at costco and butchered it up myself (not a bad 1st outing actually... practice makes perfect)...

So being on my own last night, I pulled one of the bags of scraps out of the freezer to thaw.  Seasoned with Kosher salt, pepper, and chili powder, then left to come up to room temp.  Got the egg lit, and tossed a cast iron pan in to heat up - and put the beef scraps on.  When the beef was about rare - Medium rare, took it off, and threw some peppers, onions, and hot sauce in the pan mixed it around, and went inside.

Cut up the beef, and on a whim fueled by an unnamed substance added a whole bunch of BLUE CHEESE *drool*, took the beef/cheese and totillas out to the egg.

Added the beef/cheese to the skillet - and tossed the tortillas on the side of the egg to warm up.

After mixing everything around, melting the cheese, and making a wonderful looking meal, brought everything inside and started to scarf.

[Insert clever signature line here]

Comments