Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef brisket and ribs

Options
amtrac
amtrac Posts: 7
edited May 2012 in Forum List
I will be doing a 4 lb. beef brisket and 3 racks of ribs for dinner, to be at 6 pm. At what time should i start these items together.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options

A few things to consider-if you are indirect cooking at around 250-275*F on the dome-plan on 8 hours for the brisket (if done early you can foil, towel and cooler).  Don't know rib type (BB or spare) but they can take 4-6 hours depending on on your cook method, foil or not etc.  You can search "fast brisket" and turbo ribs for a different approach.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • amtrac
    amtrac Posts: 7
    Options

They will be st. louis style ribs. thanks

• xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    I'd take it closer to 300 dome to give you about 275 grate temp, 4-5 hours all together. pull the ribs, probe the brisket, wrap it if necessary(too dark) and let it ride till it's done. 4lb flat shouldn't need more than 6hrs at 275.