Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What kind of gloves/mit are you guys using?

michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
My wife got me a mitt that works great, but it was $40 for one! What kind of high heat gloves/mits do you guys use. That platesetter and cast iron can get hot and when I need to take it out normal leather gloves dont cut it.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

Comments

• xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/BBQ_BRAVO_GLOVES_EXTRA_HEAVY_DUTY_AND_EXTRA_EXTR_p/bbqgloves-bravo.htm

$40 for a pair! lol   They're great, I've lifted out the platesetter and scooped out lit coals with them. Come up over your elbows, real handy when saucing ribs on a kettle. 
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    thanks, those look to be the best you can get! Unless someone else chimes in, I am buying these.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,006
    Welders gloves. Like $12 at HD or Lowes.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• LitLit Posts: 4,031
    ove gloves work good I picked up a 550 degree salt block with them and no issues. $20 a pair ebay
  • uncledaveuncledave Posts: 87

My kids bought me 2 BGE pit mitts for Christmas. They are awesome. I pulled a 450 degree plate setter off of my xl, carried it ten ft. and set it on some concrete blocks. I felt nothing.

• Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 491
    I went cheap and bought welder's gloves at Harbor Freight.  Only $6 and they stink.  The users of the welder's gloves from the CGS have provided positive feedback.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,169

If I need anything better then an oven mitt or pot holder I use these. I got them for use with my woodstove and I can hold a flaming log wearing them. They allow me to hold a hot plate setter without any problems.

http://www.northlineexpress.com/item/5MM-A-12B/Fireplace-Gloves-13-1-2-Black

• burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    I found an old pair of welders gloves in the basement. Heavy leather, probably were expensive but someone gave them to me when I was doing a little metal art. Work fine. Come up past elbows.