Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which Dizzy Pig Product on Spare Ribs?

Cullum
Cullum Posts: 215
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Which one do you prefer. Also, what method do you use to cook spares?

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

If you aren't familiar with their products, I'd start with Dizzy Dust.

250 and I use a variation of the 3-2-1 method. More like a 3-1-and however much longer it needs. Look for my post today on cherry smoke ribs. Theres some pics there and a whole write up on my blog.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Oh and by 250, I mean grate level which is more like 275 on the dome thermometer.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Dizzy Dust only for 5 hours then 1 hour with Bone Suckin Sauce. All at 250. I have tried many a combos and this is by far my favorite. So, that is 5-0-1 (no foil). Meat will be really tender but not falling off the bone which is how I like it.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Cullum
    Cullum Posts: 215

If you aren't familiar with their products, I'd start with Dizzy Dust.

250 and I use a variation of the 3-2-1 method. More like a 3-1-and however much longer it needs. Look for my post today on cherry smoke ribs. Theres some pics there and a whole write up on my blog.

Thanks for the excellent post and blog. Great pics! Thanks for the info.
  • KCNJ78
    KCNJ78 Posts: 2
    I've also had good luck on BB's & spares with "Pineapple Head" - friend turned me on to it.  Great combination of flavors & great with pork IMO.
  • Dust for me

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    I use dust, and am now a convert to no foil. Especially with the egg. If with the Traeger, I think I would still foil, but not with the egg. So much simpler too. Just cook em up like Chubbs does above.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • I like a 50/50 of Dizzy Dust & Swamp Venom...

The details of a set that I did can be seen here: 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1137087/st-louis-spare-ribs-first-time-results#latest
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee