Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt @ pizza night on the BGE.

Options
Budgeezer
Budgeezer Posts: 669
edited May 2012 in Baking

I have been making pizzas grill and baked for quite some time; now with the BGE I was pretty excited to give it a try.  We have been experimenting with dough recipes for a number of years and this one has proved to be my favorite and it can be made in a stand mixer.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I always make 4 pizzas because the left overs are always great.  The first is always some sort of white pizza.  We also had a bunch of pulled pork left over from our first smoking, so we re-purposed it as the main ingredient for some new twist on the za.

White pizza, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, thyme, and cotija cheese

Second pizza, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, salsa for the sauce, pulled pork, jalapenos, cheddar.

Third pizza, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, BBQ sauce, pulled pork, pepperoncini’s, cheddar and mozzarella.

Forth pizza, olive oil, sea salt, pepper, BBQ sauce, pulled pork, jalapenos, fresh mozzarella.

I went with 550 degrees for this night, but most like would go to 600 for the next event, it turned out good but I would like to see a little more color on the crust.

Edina, MN

Comments