Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's day recommendations

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just for those last minute shoppers, what would you suggest as a perfect accessory gift to the egg. I'll give you the platesetter and guru, what else rocks your boat while egging. For me, it would be a great set of long handle tongs/gloves. Nothing cooler than holding a big hunk of meat far from the hand and placing it deep into a 600+ degree egg. It's a crowd pleaser when you pull out your hand, smile and ask -- how would you like that cooked! LOL So what is your suggestion? Tom

Comments

• Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    Options
    Lawn Ranger tools are great gifts. Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more. [p](I asked my wife for a LR handle for my egg.) :~D

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    vr6Cop,[p]great call. I am a horrible person too because I have not yet posted the pictures of my wiggle rod. It RULES!![p]Will post it tonight, I swear...[p]
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    just found this for my small,not sure if it will fit with the handles, but i see lots of uses

[ul][li]griddle/pizza stone/platesetter[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 1shot1kill
    1shot1kill Posts: 136
    Options
    vr6Cop,
    well I finnaly came to the conclusion that money is the only thing that talks with my Dad. I have been dropping hints to him for a while and nothing. So I went to his site and ordered one of everything. Can you believe that all I got back was a response on my e-mail that said JERK! hehehe!
    Yall should see this guy though, he works so hard. every time I go over there he is covered in saw dust and apoxy. He has so much apoxy stuck to his fingers, he cant even get it off now hehehe! He said he does get some funny looks though when he has to go into meetings with the big wigs at work. but they have known him long enough not to ask questions. hahahaha

• randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]Actually, I'd be happy with a good cut of meat and no agenda on Sunday. Some kind of meal that doesn't require a lot of prep but one which requires constant supervision from the hammock chair on the back deck and rotating frosted mugs out of the freezer.[p]RE
  • Frank King
    Frank King Posts: 10
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]Last year my kids made me the table for my Large egg. I could go for some new long handled tools this year.

• Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    Options
    1shot1kill, Hopefully my wife "talked" with money. I think it is awesome to have those kind of woodworking skills. [p]Too bad he didn't reply "Wait til Christmas/birthday/etc." :~D

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    vr6Cop,
    Believe me, money has nothing to do with it. I'm in it for the exercise and the friends I've made. BTW, ask 1Shot what happened to the spatula I gave him for Christmas :0)[p]Mike

• 1shot1kill
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    come on now, you didnt have to go there!![p]Ok here it goes. FYI all Lawn Ranger tools are flamable.[p]I went on a camping trip with some buddies and did burgers for supper the first night. After the cook we took the grate off of our campfire and piled on the wood for a good ole bonfire. Well after a few good cold Texas brews, I woke the next morning to start getting the fire ready for breakfast. I had everything ready, but could not find my spatula. After searching for several minutes I finnaly saw just the mettal part sticking out of the fire. Some how it got mistaken as fire wood the night before. Talk about wanting to ralph and not because of all the cold brew either. I had no idea how I was gonna tell Dad about it, but he took it very well and not much has been said about 'till well, now.
    Thanks Dad:)

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    6376405_ra.jpg
    <p />Sandbagger,[p]Here's a great Eggcessory for Fathers Day! I happen to be one of those lucky Dads. Mrs. GrillMeister came across this Haier Brewmaster at Costco. It's on wheels and rolls just like a BGE in an eggnest.[p]Enjoy the taste of a refreshing, cold draft beer any time from the luxury of your home with this BrewMaster that harbors assorted keg sizes.[p] * Features the complete American Sankey tap system
    * Holds 1/2, 1/4 and mini kegs
    * Includes a CO² tank and pressure regulator gauge
    * Features a chrome beer tower and guard rail
    * Textured worktop and cabinet is heavy-duty to resist wear and tear
    * Auto defrost prevents frost from forming
    * Stainless-steel keg base support makes sure the keg is held securely in place
    * Drip tray and water collection reservoir eliminate spills
    * Includes a tap system cleaning kit
    * Converts to a 6.4 cu. ft. refrigerator for your convenience
    * Includes 2 full-width wire shelves

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    1shot1kill,
    I didn't notice any mention of him replacing it either.[p]:)

• fishlessman
    Options
    2004_0105Image0008.jpg
    <p />GrillMeister,
    got the parts to build my own for xmas, best gift ive ever been given. guinness on tap, youll need a different coupler, tank, and tap head, but an easy upgrade. in fact my distributor got a new tap no charge right from guinness.must be a good customer. would make a great fathers day gift

fukahwee maine

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]Is that a big bottle of nitrogen? Nothing like a wee bit of snow to cool the Guinness before it pours out the tap. Sweet setup.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • 1shot1kill
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    nope I guess he does not cary a burn warranty, but from the sound of most of this crowd he might wanna think about that one hehehehehe!!

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    It's much more fun to give him grief.[p]Mike

• fishlessman
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    its a 75% nitrogen/25% CO2 mix that you want for the guinness. that is my winter early spring setup with the snow. the rest of the year i have an old fridge that the tap mounts to. not sure how many kegs one bottle of nitrogen will pour, but im keeping count.

fukahwee maine

• 1shot1kill
    Options
    and boy does he know how to do that

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Not fair to show this to a Irish/German Wisconsin born beer drinker. I TRex'd steaks last night, and bought a bottle of wine to go with them. I was outside firing up the egg and a cold beer entered my mind. I was three beers in and still hadn't put the steaks on. The wine never got opened. Maybe tonight after a beer or two. Tom

• Sandbagger
    Options
    Frank King, Last Christmas my wife and daughter surprised me with a cover for the table I just completed. That is a cool gift and was a complete surprise. Sometimes it pays to have a quilter in the house. tom

• Sandbagger
    Options
    randomegger, I miss my hammock. I had the rope hammock. The squirrels gnawed through the rope and stole it. I switched to a batten hammock and the squirrels chewed through the cover and stole the filler material. Come to think of it, does squirrel taste like chicken when prepared on the egg. LOL Tom