Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Best remote thermometer?

my65falconmy65falcon Posts: 17
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking f

Comments

• michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    here we go...... lol

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• my65falconmy65falcon Posts: 17
    ok lets try this again from the computer, dad gum iPhone. Whats the best remote thermometer for your money nothing to expensive something under at least 50 bucks if possible.
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808
    Maverick ET732 will run you $10 more and I recommend it without hesitation. Amazon sells it. :-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jbates67jbates67 Posts: 168
    Agree with cazzy, the Maverick is a slow cooks best friend..
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    I also have a maverick 732, and love it for long cooks. 
    Lets you keep tabs on food temp, plus grill temp. 
    Also no preset "food doneness temps" . 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • I used a Maverick ET-73 for 6-7 years until it finally quit working last week. I just replaced it with the ET-732 which I used for 2 slow cooks over the weekend. The 732 is even nicer than the 73-I agree with the others that this is a top choice for a remote thermometer. 
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 624
    Maverick ET732 will run you $10 more and I recommend it without hesitation. Amazon sells it. :-)
    +1

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Go with the ET-732.  I have a couple of the older ET-73's and they are fine units (they are still available on Amazon for around $30-$35.)  But the ET-732 has some improvements - longer range and higher temp. probes.

• cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,055
    I have an ET-72 that works great. My wife bought it for me for Christmas. She paid around $40 for it. I can't monitor grate temp, but that hasn't been an issue.
    Mark Annville, PA