Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best remote thermometer?

Options
my65falcon
my65falcon Posts: 17
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    here we go...... lol

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• my65falcon
    my65falcon Posts: 17
    Options
    ok lets try this again from the computer, dad gum iPhone. Whats the best remote thermometer for your money nothing to expensive something under at least 50 bucks if possible.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Maverick ET732 will run you $10 more and I recommend it without hesitation. Amazon sells it. :-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • jbates67
    jbates67 Posts: 168
    Options
    Agree with cazzy, the Maverick is a slow cooks best friend..
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    I also have a maverick 732, and love it for long cooks. 
    Lets you keep tabs on food temp, plus grill temp. 
    Also no preset "food doneness temps" . 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Smokin Professor
    Options
    I used a Maverick ET-73 for 6-7 years until it finally quit working last week. I just replaced it with the ET-732 which I used for 2 slow cooks over the weekend. The 732 is even nicer than the 73-I agree with the others that this is a top choice for a remote thermometer. 
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    Maverick ET732 will run you $10 more and I recommend it without hesitation. Amazon sells it. :-)
    +1

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Nebraskaegger
    Options
    Go with the ET-732.  I have a couple of the older ET-73's and they are fine units (they are still available on Amazon for around $30-$35.)  But the ET-732 has some improvements - longer range and higher temp. probes.

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    I have an ET-72 that works great. My wife bought it for me for Christmas. She paid around $40 for it. I can't monitor grate temp, but that hasn't been an issue.
    Mark Annville, PA