Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Boston Butt is DONE!

STANGOJESTANGOJE Posts: 44
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I put this Boston Butt on this morning, dome temp 250,  at 9:15AM, pulled it off the Egg at 5:15PM, 205 degrees.  Tons of great bark, moist and tasty.....

Comments

• STANGOJESTANGOJE Posts: 44
    edited May 2012
    BTW:  I use fire bricks on Low and Slow cooks.
  • I put this Boston Butt on this morning, dome temp 250,  at 9:15AM, pulled it off the Egg at 5:15PM, 205 degrees.  Tons of great bark, moist and tasty.....

that's too easy.  I cooked 18 lbs of butts for 17 hours, followed by a chicken, followed by hot dogs for the my baseball picnic.  while i'm kidding kidding about your cook being easy (and by easy I really mean quick) I will say I removed butts at 195 and wrapped them in foil for 1 hour while the chicken cooked and butts absolutely fell apart when touched.