Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boston Butt is DONE!

STANGOJESTANGOJE Posts: 44
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
I put this Boston Butt on this morning, dome temp 250,  at 9:15AM, pulled it off the Egg at 5:15PM, 205 degrees.  Tons of great bark, moist and tasty.....

·

Comments

• STANGOJESTANGOJE Posts: 44
    edited May 2012
    BTW:  I use fire bricks on Low and Slow cooks.
    ·
  • I put this Boston Butt on this morning, dome temp 250,  at 9:15AM, pulled it off the Egg at 5:15PM, 205 degrees.  Tons of great bark, moist and tasty.....

that's too easy.  I cooked 18 lbs of butts for 17 hours, followed by a chicken, followed by hot dogs for the my baseball picnic.  while i'm kidding kidding about your cook being easy (and by easy I really mean quick) I will say I removed butts at 195 and wrapped them in foil for 1 hour while the chicken cooked and butts absolutely fell apart when touched. 
    ·