Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pulled pork sandwiches

sepedersen
sepedersen Posts: 6
edited May 2012 in Pork

I am going to make pork shoulder the week before my girls grad party and was wondering if it would be ok to freeze it till the day before????

any of your guys knowledge of this would be great!!!!!

Thanks

Scott 

Comments

• Sure. If you have a Food saver, that's my fave. If not , ziplocks are fine. You can reheat in the bag in warm water (ziplocks are safe to 170 degrees and food savers are much higher). Pulled pork reheats very well do no worries.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lemonade
    lemonade Posts: 93
    @C-T, If you know you're going to have leftovers, do you not sauce until you reheat, or sauce and have a 'meal in a bag' ready to go?
    Is it done yet? Is it done yet?
  • You can sauce. It actually reheats a little better with sauce IMO. I normally do not because I don't use sauce for all pulled pork but if you know you are using it for Sammies or something like that, then sauce away.
  • lemonade
    lemonade Posts: 93
    Thanks again.  I'm going to need to find a bulk supplier for food saver bags.   (actually, I know they are reusable...I just need to be more diligent now that Im cooking a LOT more since the LBGE arrived).
    Is it done yet? Is it done yet?
  • I don't reuse mine either. Probably should.
  • sepedersen
    thanks you you guys I guess I am going to do it 2 weeks out that is what she wants is that still okay to freeze
  • I've heard placing the frozen pulled pork in a crock pot with a can of coke. I've not tried it but am fairly certain I read it on this board. I've heard its wonderful. Might try it with the two pork butts i have on the grill today.....
  • foneman
    foneman Posts: 104
    I've heard placing the frozen pulled pork in a crock pot with a can of coke. I've not tried it but am fairly certain I read it on this board. I've heard its wonderful. Might try it with the two pork butts i have on the grill today.....

I haven't used coke but do use apple juice with excellent results at keeping the meat moist and tasty!!!
  • sepedersen
    let me know how it turns out
    Thanks

• sepedersen
    let me know how it turns out
    Thanks

I've heard placing the frozen pulled pork in a crock pot with a can of coke. I've not tried it but am fairly certain I read it on this board. I've heard its wonderful. Might try it with the two pork butts i have on the grill today.....

I haven't used coke but do use apple juice with excellent results at keeping the meat moist and tasty!!!
     I love the apple juice

• Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    I've never used coke chicken stock works for me. I use about 1oz stock to 1 lbs of meat.