Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Doh!!

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

Whoops!

I was blowing the leafs and stuff off my patio and the cord caught on the top that was resting on the edge of the fire pit. Guess its time to go buy jome JB Weld or some gorilla glue or something. Not gonna stop me from grilling. Got some of Caz's Spicy Ginger Teriyaki Wings and some regular ones seasoned with Salt Lick Rub about to go on.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dang! That blows :)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Oh well, who cares.  I hardly ever use mine anyway.
    Not to hijack but i'm doing that EVOO free steak toinght. 2" thick 2.5 lb prime bone in ribeye. It's a beast.

I use my cap every time to shut the fire down every time. I would be bummed

Can you not buy a new one?

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I use mine to shut down the fire, too. I could, but I think I'm gonna try some JB Weld first. Or does anybody recommend something else? I'm kinda a cheapskate when I can get away with it so i don't want to buy a new one if I don't have to. I don't care how it looks if it works.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I use mine to shut down the fire, too. I could, but I think I'm gonna try some JB Weld first. Or does anybody recommend something else? I'm kinda a cheapskate when I can get away with it so i don't want to buy a new one if I don't have to. I don't care how it looks if it works.
    JB weld is the shizzle for stuff like this so I would go there unless somebody else knows something cool that we don't

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    If you know a potter, get a custom cap made. There are pics of some really cool ones somewhere on the forum. My wife is a potter and we have a kiln in our basement. When I shatter mine, there will be a cap with a Redskins emblem on it
    Mark Annville, PA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    "there will be a cap with a Redskins emblem on it".

Waste of good plaster if you ask me :)

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    "there will be a cap with a Redskins emblem on it".

Waste of good plaster if you ask me :)

Spoken like a true Texan!!!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Damn skippy. I got a little sick just thinking about a
    Perfectly good egg with that hot mess of a logo on top. Probably wouldn't even cook right :))
  • jjmills
    jjmills Posts: 117
    Options
    Cen-Tex, I agree!  The only thing worse than a Redskins emblem would be a blue star!!  Now a green G would look quite appealing.
     LG. BGE  Straight up Cheese head from Little Chute, WI
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Cen-Tex, I agree!  The only thing worse than a Redskins emblem would be a blue star!!  Now a green G would look quite appealing.

... or a red W!
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    Options

... or a red W!
    I like the way you think. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I use my daisey wheel to shut down the fire with no issues.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Trout and jmills, I'm a huge packers fan too. Lived in Appleton for 3 years and went to many Packers games. I'm probably one of the few guys out there that is Cowboys 1st, Packers a very close 2nd.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Since we're off topic, I would like to ask you all to pray for my fourth cousin, twice removed.  Her name is Becky Sue Zuptac and she lives in Mt. Ida, Arkansas.  Her doctors say she has terminal halitosis.  It's not terminal for her, but it is for the people around her.  They say if she lost 300-400 pounds, she'd probably be rid of her affliction, but she's addicted to chocolate fish sauce shakes, so losing weight is out of the question. 

I hope this is not too off topic for this thread.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    My neighbor's favorite color is orange. Hope that isn't too off topic.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • joe317
    joe317 Posts: 28
    Options
    To get back on topic, here's a good link.

But to stay off topic, the green G or red W on top would be the best. Many Packers and Badger fans in Texas.
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Options
    New cap from dealer is about $20.
  • troutgeek
    Options
    Since we're off topic, I would like to ask you all to pray for my fourth cousin, twice removed.  Her name is Becky Sue Zuptac and she lives in Mt. Ida, Arkansas.  Her doctors say she has terminal halitosis.  It's not terminal for her, but it is for the people around her.  They say if she lost 300-400 pounds, she'd probably be rid of her affliction, but she's addicted to chocolate fish sauce shakes, so losing weight is out of the question. 

So, you can legally marry her?
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Only in Arkansas and Wisconsin.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• troutgeek
    Options
    Only in Arkansas and Wisconsin.
    Ahaha! Stop making fun of my aunt/sister thrice removed!!!

• Village Idiot
    Options
    :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Terminal halitosis is bad stuff. Thank you for sharing. Bless Her Heart (that's TX talk for "she is screwed")
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Options

=)) =))