Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cooking hamburgers for 25 people HELP

MeAndTheDogMeAndTheDog Posts: 73
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know how much hamburger meat I need to get?
Conway, S.C.

Comments

• NewportlocalNewportlocal Posts: 474
    Hmmm seems it would depend on size of buns and patties you were trying to make to match the buns.
  • FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
    If you went with 1/3 lb each,which would cook down to 1/4lb you could get 8.5lbs. However that's saying no one wanted seconds, and that you made uniform sizes so that you actually got them all out of that amount.  I'd probably error on the side of too much, since you could always freeze the extra and use later.
    Couldn't help putting this link.

http://www.mnftiu.cc/2009/08/31/device-for-sale-hamburger-patty-size-calculator/

In no way should you buy this but I thought it was funny.
  • MeAndTheDogMeAndTheDog Posts: 73
    @Newportlocal please tell me that you have a hamburger patty monitor?
    I was thinking 10 lbs would work, I'm sure by tuesday there will be more things added to the menu.
    Conway, S.C.
    @Newportlocal please tell me that you have a hamburger patty monitor?
    I was thinking 10 lbs would work, I'm sure by tuesday there will be more things added to the menu.

Certainly not : ) thought it was funny though. I just eye my patties to the size of the bun. The standard buns I use for the kids, but usually get the bigger onion roll style for my wife and myself. More like 1/2 lb patties on those.
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995

get 12 lbs of meat so the fat bastards can have  2

Got a chuckle out of me!