Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick 732-- Junk

pineypiney Posts: 649
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
After reading several reviews I bought a Maverick 732. This unit is junk I have tried to use it twice with no luck.I have replaced batteries, turned unit off and on again, tried to re-sync and still does not work properly. I will contact the mfg. tomorrow. I personally think it is just more junk from China.
Lenoir, N.C.

Comments

• bclarksiclebclarksicle Posts: 108
    sounds like a defective unit.  It happens.
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,862
    I just ordered one. I'll report after I use it. Hopefully it works better.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • ShiffShiff Posts: 1,351
    All I can say is that mine works great.   Syncs every time and the range is far better than the ET-73 I used to have.  I'm sure the manufacturer will swap you for a new one.
    Barry Lancaster, PA
  • pineypiney Posts: 649
    Shiff I feel the mfg will cover this it does have a 90 day warranty. It is sitting on my desk now reading food 106, bbq LLL. Last night it read all kinds of weird stuff. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Mine works like a champ

• gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 842
    edited May 2012
    sounds like a bad probe, switch were the meat probe and
     bbq probe plug into the sending unit, if the error message is now reversed I would think you have a defective probe.

Gerhard
    gerhardk, I should have posted eariler that I was messing with this thing and did switch the probes and that seems to be the problem. Thanks for the input and I am sure we have found the problem, I will notify mfg Monday and see what they say but, I feel sure they will correct the issue.  
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 174
    Lucky yours was junk from the start.  Mine didn't stop working until the Amazon return period was expired.  I'll not risk another.
    MikeG, I bought mine from someone on Ebay but I am going to mfg for help, I hope that works.
    Lenoir, N.C.