Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Mini needs fix if Mini Woo

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Saw a post a few weeks ago on the newest 10" grill and if going to use a Mini Woo the bottom supports will have to be cut back 1/4 inch or more so the Woo will fit (or the Woo cut, but I think the cut is best made in the grill support). Also note the new (to me) fire box cut like the larger fireboxes in the third picture.

imageimageimage

They are so cute at this age...

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    Options
    Hope to get a mini woo and pizza stones soon. Interesting conundrum. I may do file work at those points on the woo the grill bars hit or maybe Tom will mod the design a little. Interesting. I know I want one to do indirect. What was your plan to hacksaw those points on the grill?
  • Mickey
    Options
    Tom has fixed the Woo to fit over the new longer (non-cut) wires. Be a good idea to say to him you have this newer one
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Newportlocal
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks.
  • Newportlocal
    Options
    Bought the mini woo today. Amazon is out of stock on 4444 stones. Put a best offer in on eBay for a set.
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Options
    I got mini pizza stones @ World Market. Cheap too, if you have one close by it might be worth the stop.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Newportlocal
    Options
    I got mini pizza stones @ World Market. Cheap too, if you have one close by it might be worth the stop.

Thanks for the great tip! Looks like there are some local to me. Do you have a mini woo and did it fit?
  • Mickey
    Options

This is one way to fix. Just a very hard cut to do and so much easier just to tell Tom you have the one that needs a notch in the Woo

• Newportlocal
    Options
    Mickey I think the notch is built in to the woo now. I was just wondering if world market pizza stones fit properly vs 4444 stones currently out of stock on amazon. New to this and like to get it right the first time rather than cussing in my yard. :D
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey I think the notch is built in to the woo now. I was just wondering if world market pizza stones fit properly vs 4444 stones currently out of stock on amazon. New to this and like to get it right the first time rather than cussing in my yard. :D
    Cussing in your yard is fun. My neighbors love me

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX