Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What are your obsessions besides grilling?

Comments

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,096
    I like a good oatmeal stout.  I tried to grab yours off the screen, but no luck.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Golf, Darts, watching college football
  • OutcastOutcast Posts: 112
    In general it seems to me that Eggheads are well armed!!  :D

Mike
    Seems to be the case.  My current CCW is a Kimber SIS custom and a glock 19 for insurance.  No ones stealing my pork butt!
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 455

Mike
    Seems to be the case.  My current CCW is a Kimber SIS custom and a glock 19 for insurance.  No ones stealing my pork butt!
    Love the Kimber SIS.  Wish it was still in production.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
  • mattpmattp Posts: 12
    I got certified in Northern Florida.  When I told my wife I was down 200 ft and 1/2 mile in on a planned deco dive and going through a passage that was about 3 feet in diameter, she started hyperventilating. You can't be claustrophobic in cave diving.
    Haven't dived in years.  My deepest was Zuber Sinkhole, and went to 180 feet.  Got nitrogen narcosis; cool.  Did 110 feet at Eagle's Nest, and went down the big crack.  My brother and I talked in the bath tub, which was 90? feet.

I did Blue Springs, but only down to about 80 feet.  Did 80 feed at West Palm, and looked at the nothing on the bottom, but it was really exciting to surface to no support boat.  The guy had gone in for cigarettes!

Most dives were at 30 feet in the Keys, and that was wonderful.

I was certified to dive before I could drive legally. Born and raised in Key West

How long have you been away from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Key West? Though I’m not a Conch (but certainly a Bubba), I do consider Key West my home. I lived there for about ten years or so. I did my apprenticeship with City Electric (Keys Energy).

Copy and paste from Word did not work as well as I had hoped.?

Mike

Who's going to start the thread " What is your favoite gun"? I would, but  I am way to new to stir the Off Topic hornets nest.

My  favorite is my XDM 9mm

• Ranger908Ranger908 Posts: 44

Austin Smoker

Nice Dawg.  Nice Mallard.  Gave up duck hunting last year when I lost mine.

tealdecoys (Medium).jpg
    800 x 560 - 66K
  • kentucky basketball
    Titans Football
    traveling and seeing concerts mostly of bands that are past their prime
  • noarmysargentnoarmysargent Posts: 57
    edited May 2012

Mike

Who's going to start the thread " What is your favoite gun"? I would, but  I am way to new to stir the Off Topic hornets nest.

My  favorite is my XDM 9mm

XDM 40cal. compact is my conceal weapon
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467

Austin Smoker

Nice Dawg.  Nice Mallard.  Gave up duck hunting last year when I lost mine.

Thanks man....sorry to hear yours...always been partial to chocs
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359
    I got certified in Northern Florida.  When I told my wife I was down 200 ft and 1/2 mile in on a planned deco dive and going through a passage that was about 3 feet in diameter, she started hyperventilating. You can't be claustrophobic in cave diving.
    Haven't dived in years.  My deepest was Zuber Sinkhole, and went to 180 feet.  Got nitrogen narcosis; cool.  Did 110 feet at Eagle's Nest, and went down the big crack.  My brother and I talked in the bath tub, which was 90? feet.

I did Blue Springs, but only down to about 80 feet.  Did 80 feed at West Palm, and looked at the nothing on the bottom, but it was really exciting to surface to no support boat.  The guy had gone in for cigarettes!

I was certified to dive before I could drive legally. Born and raised in Key West

How long have you been away from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Key West? Though I’m not a Conch (but certainly a Bubba), I do consider Key West my home. I lived there for about ten years or so. I did my apprenticeship with City Electric (Keys Energy).

I was born there in 1960. Lived behind Bevis Lewis Cevrolet. My mom and dad met on the island in 1959.

Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • demodemo Posts: 137
    Shooting handguns and fishing for dinner.
    Copy and paste from Word did not work as well as I had hoped.?

Why in the name of any fictitious god would you do such a thing?

Because I spell like a Fifth Grader?
  • brianwdmnbrianwdmn Posts: 359

We moved off the island in 1990.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • UPinSMOKEUPinSMOKE Posts: 45
    My love of speed started with racing go-karts, then to aviation and started with a private pilots’ license in high school, then to crop dusting to pay for college. 

Then transitioned to aerostats (hot air balloons) and competed on the Pro Balloon Tour for 11 years. When that died off, I got white line fever very bad and did the Iron Butt thing (Long Distance Motorcycle Riding- mainly Beemers) for several years with my best 50CC (Coast to Coast in 50 hrs or less) in 46 hours to FL to CA and then doubled back to JAX in 43!). 

Lately, kayak fishing is my passion on both rivers (mainly the Hooch for trout), flat waters and occasional salt water. Smoked trout on the Egg.....not much better than that! I am also an RC blimp pilot for the Gwinnett Gladiators hockey team (9 yrs). Still can’t let the ‘flying’ thing go away totally! :D 

Cheers!

Pat

Quite an eclectic group of folks hanging around this forum!!!!
  • My love of speed started with racing go-karts, then to aviation and started with a private pilots’ license in high school, then to crop dusting to pay for college. 

Then transitioned to aerostats (hot air balloons) and competed on the Pro Balloon Tour for 11 years. When that died off, I got white line fever very bad and did the Iron Butt thing (Long Distance Motorcycle Riding- mainly Beemers) for several years with my best 50CC (Coast to Coast in 50 hrs or less) in 46 hours to FL to CA and then doubled back to JAX in 43!). 

Lately, kayak fishing is my passion on both rivers (mainly the Hooch for trout), flat waters and occasional salt water. Smoked trout on the Egg.....not much better than that! I am also an RC blimp pilot for the Gwinnett Gladiators hockey team (9 yrs). Still can’t let the ‘flying’ thing go away totally! :D 

Cheers!

Pat

Quite an eclectic group of folks hanging around this forum!!!!
    love it. 

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,868
    I got white line fever very bad and did the Iron Butt thing (Long Distance Motorcycle Riding- mainly Beemers) for several years with my best 50CC (Coast to Coast in 50 hrs or less) in 46 hours to FL to CA and then doubled back to JAX in 43!). 

Unfortunately I could not find the motorcycle scene where he is so cold he flys into the trees.  I was so cold once I rode up to the school parking lot, hit the kill switch, and could not put my feed down.  I just fell over.

My longest trip was on a Suzuki 1100 from Florida to Toronto, and back via Gettysburg and Hersey PA.  30 days on the bike, and my life long longest vacation.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    My family, my Porsche Cayman (987), and the endless pursuit of new ways to cook critters! We just bought a new camera so I need to fire up the egg and start contributing some pics!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    edited May 2012
    Clbegis, Awesome pics! What kind of camera(s) do you use? Do you do anything special to protect them while out on the boat?
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • bariccardibariccardi Posts: 53
    Photography, college football and craft beer
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,450
    ...then to crop dusting to pay for college. 
    I paid for college working as a janitor...

Very, very jealous, congrats!  

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.  
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,378
    Thanks to my BGE's and garlic, I crop dust people on a regular basis.

;) :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 833
    edited May 2012

I guess I like to hang out in corners. Been doing this for 18 years. I'm #16

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Hunting (Turkey and Whitetail) and fishing (fly and for small and large mouth)
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467

I guess I like to hang out in corners. Been doing this for 18 years. I'm #16

SWEET Big Guy....you need to get ready for a trip to Austin and the new F1 track! It's about 25 minutes from Lockhart and some killer BBQ!
  • gatorBGEgatorBGE Posts: 73
    started duck hunting last year, getting back into freshwater fishing after spending past decade on Fl coast, my wife and I love our ATV, we have three dogs and are looking at travel trailers to do some weekend excursions
  • deeznutzdeeznutz Posts: 13
    edited May 2012
    Reef keeper and photography here

-dan