Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OH Noes! Not another CyberQ Wifi vs. Stoker discussion

damnedhooligan
damnedhooligan Posts: 213
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum

I've been doing research and just found articles regarding the non-wifi enabled CyberQ vs. the Stoker comparsions. I'm scratching my head here thinking which system to go with? I have a XL BGE and I want to use the wifi feature to control the system via my iphone 4 and/or laptop. I noticed the CyberQ Wifi has an "exclusive" low and slow ramp down feature so your meat never overcooks...anyone have experience with that? The Stoker has some web browser functionality that allows you to control your system outside of your wireless network via your phone which is really cool! Does the CyberQ Wifi have that feature...because I couldn't find it on their website. They are about the same price for the XL BGE set up so money is no issue...Which one do you folks recommend me to purchase? Who owns one and has factual reviews to convince me on what system to purchase? Thank you in advance

CyberQ Wifi: Link

Stoker: Link2

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    You probably won't get an objective answer, because I doubt anybody has both units that they can compare.  I have a Stoker (pre wifi that I made wifi) and am completely satisfied with it.

Look at the features and go with your gut.  You'll be happy with your choice.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    I am having the same conundrum for qn xl.That being said I know the guru seems apple friendly for my iPad and IPhone on my home wifi which will already make me happy. On a gut level i am going with the Guru. Looking forward to comments on this.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    I have the non-wifi DigiQ and it does exactly as advertised on keep the temp in the pit regulated.  I'm not sure how good the ramp down feature will be simply because the BGE maintains the heat so well.
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362

I also just have a Stokers so I can't say what one I prefer. I never used it yet but I see a keep warm check box and a percentage. There is also a timed cook option. See screen shots below

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    i thought i was going to look at getting the stoker this year and still might..  but i might hold off til the 2nd generation of cyberq's come out- if they even do within another year or so.. kinda leary buying something that new.. luckily it is not a necessity and more of a want!
  • centex99
    centex99 Posts: 231

I would love a stoker, but I just ordered an auber with the 20cfm fan for about $150 shipped...  I also have an ET-732 and an older semi broken ET-73....

If the stoker system was about $100 less (which there's no big reason it couldn't be), I'd likely buy one in a heart beat.... plus the extra probes/fans are super expensive making adding additional pit controls/meat temps expensive :-/

• still on the fence here :-/ but I will keep checking back and update when I make a decision :P

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2